I CANCELLED A SALE-REVIEW/Opinons/FEEDBACK PLEASE

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Them sending you money via Friends and Family puts them at risk, not you...

That's what I was thinking too.

Risk to seller here is recipient claims he didn't get item or it is not in represented condition...

and id suggest all sellers photograph packing stages and ship items tracked/ insured, if they truly care about the item or the money.

And quit asking for friends and family for payment of goods. Is 3% really of sufficient consequence to absorb the resulting risks?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I barley can figure out who was trying to sell who what but I still have zero understanding why it is being posted here?

I think if a seller is going to have his own unique set of criteria for buyers it is the sellers job to check all those boxes before he accepts money...not after.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That's what I was thinking too.

Risk to seller here is recipient claims he didn't get item or it is not in represented condition...

and id suggest all sellers photograph packing stages and ship items tracked/ insured, if they truly care about the item or the money.

And quit asking for friends and family for payment of goods. Is 3% really of sufficient consequence to absorb the resulting risks?

F&F is free because it is specifically not to be used for merchandise and doesn't have the costs of all the protections that come with a legit Paypal payment.

F&F is there to send somebody $20 for their kids birthday or for your half of the $40 bar tab.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Agreed, been a member that long, and talks about his itrader, but doesn't understand bronze and 33?

" I do understand -
I trying to express I made an error ,
Again,
I've always tried to do right , honest , transactions- buying and selling

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sell the cue for the agreed price to Strokecity through his
AZ friend's account.. done. $,02

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
What happens when the buyer leaves you a negative itrader for welching on the deal? It's totally deserved, he paid you without hesitation

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve posted what I needed to post. I just didn’t want bad connotations such as “ burner” or “scammer” being associated with my az billiards account. I’m upset I was treated like this by Duane and our deal. If Duane would accept $575.00 thru my friends az account which has 100% I trader maybe that would resolve the issue. Since Duanes issue was my account rating.

This will be a right thing and the best option to do...

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What happens when the buyer leaves you a negative itrader for welching on the deal? It's totally deserved, he paid you without hesitation

I STARTED THIS THREAD-
NO HESITATION....
I have an excellent reputation for being very HONEST / GENEROUS TOO....
If I get a bad itrader I guess It's deserved.....Honest mistake on my part-
trying to find the recent thread that was influencing my decision this morning-BUT AGAIN,
I STILL TAKE FULL RESPONSIBLILTY-
I recently sold a J/B here on az -apparently the wood joint sleeve was split-hairline crack-The buyer sent to Gulyassey-$$150.00 to repair/refinish- I PAID THE FULL AMOUNT TO MY BUYER-NO QUESTIONS ASKED/NO PICS/NO CONFIRMATION-NO DRAMA Whatsoever-
Just trying to do what's right for people....
READY- " a cue I paid $$ 200.00 for and sold for $$ 200.00

ITEMS I SELL "PEOPLE ALWAYS VERY PLEASED-ALWAYS GET GREAT ITEMS AND SMOOTH DEALS AND GREAT SERVICE

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I STARTED THIS THREAD-
NO HESITATION....
trying to find the recent thread that was influencing my decision this morning-BUT AGAIN,
I recently sold a J/B here on az -apparently the wood joint sleeve was split-hairline crack-The buyer sent to Gulyassey-$$150.00 to repair/refinish- I PAID THE FULL AMOUNT TO MY BUYER-NO QUESTIONS ASKED/NO PICS/NO CONFIRMATION-NO DRAMA Whatsoever-

ITEMS I SELL "PEOPLE ALWAYS VERY PLEASED-ALWAYS GET GREAT ITEMS AND SMOOTH DEALS AND GREAT SERVICE

Duane we get it, you are a great honest seller, who does right by.people, so whatcha going to do in this situation is the question.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always try to do business where a deal is not completed until BOTH sides are happy.

Having said that, an offer was made and accepted. Money was sent and accepted. Backing out on the part of the seller, and then re-posting it at a higher price is bad form.

Not the end of the world as nobody lost out on anything in the end, but you have a chance to be a rock star and sell this dude the cue at the price you agreed to...or don't. In the end you are the one who has to look in the mirror each day.

Buyer seems like a stand up guy, I would sell to him regardless if he has itrader or not.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is all a little strange on how it came down. First of all, it's not a "high end" sale! I would say $575 is more on the low end of cues sales on here. Second, the buyer and seller should both do their due diligence before making a deal. If I had any reservations about selling a cue to someone unknown to me I would simply ask for a cashiers check, USPS money order or bank transfer in advance. If they declined to do that we wouldn't have a deal, that's all.

By the way, one caveat. When accepting cashiers/bank checks make sure the check is good (verify with your bank, they can do that for you) before shipping any goods or allowing a third party to pick them up. I have two bogus bank checks that look good as gold in a file in my office as a reminder. They are both for a healthy five figure amount for cars I had for sale. In both cases they wanted to send someone to pick up the car the day after I received the check. Once I had signed the title and handed them the keys I would have lost the car with little recourse.

I won't tell you what I wanted to do to the guy who was coming to pick up my car. My better judgement (acquired at a more mature age) stopped me. A younger Jay might have done something very bad to him. I'm too old to go to jail. :wink:

One option in a case like that is to call the authorities and have them with you when you meet the person picking up the item.

If they sent the bank via the U S Mail I guarantee the Postal Inspection Service would love a case like that. Easy work for the Postal Inspector.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I always try to do business where a deal is not completed until BOTH sides are happy.

Having said that, an offer was made and accepted. Money was sent and accepted. Backing out on the part of the seller, and then re-posting it at a higher price is bad form.

Not the end of the world as nobody lost out on anything in the end, but you have a chance to be a rock star and sell this dude the cue at the price you agreed to...or don't. In the end you are the one who has to look in the mirror each day.

Buyer seems like a stand up guy, I would sell to him regardless if he has itrader or not.
***** I DID NOT RELIST AT A HIGHER PRICE-
MY ASKING PRICE IS $$ 700.00-
BUYER asked a couple times w/ low ball offers- I pm let him know I PAID $$ 620.00 Please get as close as possible to that number

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Duane we get it, you are a great honest seller, who does right by.people, so whatcha going to do in this situation is the question.

Still working on it-
I WAS HOPING FOR SOME friendly advise-
ESPECIALLY SINCE ALL I HAVE HAD HERE ON AZ BEEN VERY POSITIVE-
seems like everyone here JUST WANT TO SHRED A GUY-
I/m not like that-
ALL THE BASHING GOES ON HERE On some of these threads- You will NEVER FIND ME POSTING THERE

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I STARTED THIS THREAD-
NO HESITATION....

Hi Duane,

As the SELLER in a PP "Friends & Family" transaction what was the potential downside of completing this deal?

i could very well be wrong but i thought the BUYER takes all the risk in this scenario?

Not knocking, just wondering what you know that i don't...

At this point i'd ship to the BUYER or the third party, as the BUYER suggested.

i'm sure this will be resolved to the BUYER'S and YOUR satisfaction.

Best, adam

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Duane,

As the SELLER in a PP "Friends & Family" transaction what was the potential downside of completing this deal?

i could very well be wrong but i thought the BUYER takes all the risk in this scenario?

I DON'T know....
That's kind of why I started this thread-
"I KNOW I RECENTLY SAW a sale thread here- THAT I WAS POSTING-trying to support a sellers decision NOT TO SELL YO A new buyer and no feedback and didn't want to sell because of that-
I thought the friends and family was safe between mutual friends and DON'T TRUST UNKNOWN-
That'S why I BACKED OUT-I KNOW I REQUESTED THAT TOO
I am trying to find the thread that influenced my decision
AGIAN- NO BLAMING HERE- I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL MY DECISONS/ACTIONS/ETC !!!!!!!!!!

strokecity33

Registered
Hi Duane,

Is it possible Duane has the cue sold already?
I’ve offered to buy the cue thru my friends az account whom has 100% I trader. No response yet from Duane.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another thing to note, for everyone *****ing about using cashiers checks and postal money order...it's EFFing 2019, if you cannot process/accept an electronic payment, then you need to stick to shows & expos where you can do face-to-face transactions. Not accepting PayPal G&S is dumbshite.

Not necessarily true Buster. The reason that I offer the option of a U.S. Postal Money Order to my customers, is for their protection. If I were to hose someone (which I have never, and will never do) who has paid me via USPMO, is that shorty thereafter, I would likely receive a visit from a U.S. Federal Marshall. They don't play.