Let's see your setup (with a twist)

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. So we've seen cues, we've seen rooms but I think we've only "asked" about setups for recording. Now what I'm actually curious about is what type of set up are you running and will it work let's say you wanted to stream it to youtube or facebook.
See I don't have a table at home but I have done some light work at my friends rooms but those weren't permanent.
I'd like to see some of your setup maybe with a quick screen shot of the actual angle the camera or cameras pick up and have you ever or do you stream ever, be it Facebook or youtube, have you ever considered it or why haven't you.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I'm sure there are some techies here somewhere with an actual setup. I just prop my ipad up against a candle on top of this old hutch. Bad angle, distorts things etc. But it works for my tries at the ghost.

I'd like to see some setups too. For ideas when I move

napacunningham

Registered

Attachments

• 20190917_084123.jpg
    20190917_084123.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 664

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We (the BreakRAK Boys) have been doing Video Analysis since 2012, when we were at the DCC.

When we attend the Tournaments, we generally setup & do our Video Analysis in the Booth for the BreakRAK. Attached are a couple of sketches that we use for setup.

WE are using 2-4 Canon GL2s & some Golf Slo-Motion software, depending on the shoot.

I use these sketches to show our layout, because the other pictures show people, that may or may not want their picture used.

Attachments

• Video Booth layout.jpg
    Video Booth layout.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 679
  • booth layout for Video.jpg
    booth layout for Video.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:

freedog69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I run a live stream every week from my local pool room. I run a 2 camera shoot with a overhead tabled mic and up to 3 broadcaster headsets.

Attachments

• Live Stream Video Setup.jpg
    Live Stream Video Setup.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 551
  • Live Stream Audio Setup.jpg
    Live Stream Audio Setup.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 550

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I run a live stream every week from my local pool room. I run a 2 camera shoot with a overhead tabled mic and up to 3 broadcaster headsets.

Super appreciate the input from you guys. Men freedog this is some serious stuff but you're doing a full stream not just a personal thing so I get it. I was really looking forward to seeing more people chime in so we could see some cool or even not so cool setups, kinda like computer setup tours on youtube. Oh well, here's hoping some guys are still working on getting this pics uploaded

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I have tried to stream via Twitch however my wireless just isn't up to it and I'm not at the point yet where I'm going to be running a CAT6 into the room so that will have to wait. I haven't tried with FB or Youtube yet but I imagine the results would be similar.

The laptop is an i5, with, I think, 8 GB of RAM, running Windows 10 Enterprise.

I use OBS to record (and potentially stream later) as it's very easy to use and reliable.

I've added some screenshots of the setup, with a full scoreboard and one without any extra fluff.

Attachments

• Streaming Overlay - 02.jpg
    Streaming Overlay - 02.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Streaming Overlay - 03.jpg
    Streaming Overlay - 03.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 369

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a higher end logitech webcam mounted to my garage ceiling, plugged into a laptop, running (free) OBS software to record. I haven't tried streaming but it looks like it would be trivial to do from OBS. This is a sample of the quality, think I record at 720 because 1080 crashes my dinosaur of a computer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pInhhUjG-k

Edit: bad example. I stripped the sound from that clip. Here's an unedited one so you can hear sound quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sImUCyG793U&list=PLLXaRoT70a3oVzHGE9oeN0-vK3IZCHRzT&index=15&t=74s

Edit 2: Here's a pic. The camera is mounted to the ceiling (next to the coat hangers and the light) and the laptop is on the shelf by the Heineken sign.

FOLKPad.jpg

Last edited:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I use a higher end logitech webcam mounted to my garage ceiling ...

Edit 2: Here's a pic. The camera is mounted to the ceiling (next to the coat hangers and the light)

When I was first setting mine up, I tried to use my c922x Logitech but found the focal length too short (I was using the palm tree lamp to gauge focus). Seeing your video I might try using it again, this time for an overhead when I swap out to LED light panels.

Attachments

• Streaming Overlay - 01.jpg
    Streaming Overlay - 01.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 314

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use it without autofocus and just set the focal length to infinite. For whatever reason it switches back to autofocus every time I restart the computer, so I have to remember to change it before I start recording.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll have to look for that OBS thing you guys mention. If one of you guys can shoot a link that would be great
(found it)

Last edited:

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried to stream via Twitch however my wireless just isn't up to it and I'm not at the point yet where I'm going to be running a CAT6 into the room so that will have to wait. I haven't tried with FB or Youtube yet but I imagine the results would be similar.

The laptop is an i5, with, I think, 8 GB of RAM, running Windows 10 Enterprise.

I use OBS to record (and potentially stream later) as it's very easy to use and reliable.

I've added some screenshots of the setup, with a full scoreboard and one without any extra fluff.

how did you add the score board to the software?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I use it without autofocus and just set the focal length to infinite. For whatever reason it switches back to autofocus every time I restart the computer, so I have to remember to change it before I start recording.

The last picture was with the focal length set to infinite. The camera (then) was 6' high, and trying to focus 25' deep. It couldn't go past the first set of diamonds with any clarity. I think looking straight down it will be fine though.

OBS doesn't remember custom camera settings. I have to adjust the lighting each time I restart the program but it's become a habit now.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
how did you add the score board to the software?

I drew some, copied others. They are just blocks that float over the camera. The scores, for example, are a single block of text that I can open and edit. The software records the change in realtime so you don't have to close the text box to update scores.