Cuetec Cynergy 15k

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let us know if you do and what you think.

I have miscued several times with the stock tip. So much so, that I have lost some confidence in it. I am considering options.

I'll keep you posted. Is it me or what? When you miscue with the Cynergy. Doesn't it sound and feel worse than normal...? I have done it a few times myself. That's why I am really thinking about swapping the tip out. It plays great with the Sniper. Moving the ball around is easy. Just having issues with slower english shots.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll keep you posted. Is it me or what? When you miscue with the Cynergy. Doesn't it sound and feel worse than normal...? I have done it a few times myself. That's why I am really thinking about swapping the tip out. It plays great with the Sniper. Moving the ball around is easy. Just having issues with slower english shots.

The miscue sounds like nails on a chalkboard. It is terrible. I have found if you chalk vigorously and after every single shot it doesn't happen quite as often but I have never chalked this much with any other tip.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The miscue sounds like nails on a chalkboard. It is terrible. I have found if you chalk vigorously and after every single shot it doesn't happen quite as often but I have never chalked this much with any other tip.

I changed to a Kamikaze Platinum last night. Didn't get to shoot with it for very long. But feel good and since that is the tip I am use to. Let's hope I will love that Cynergy even more.

juvecoop

Registered
I guess if you manhandle the shaft then yes it eventually show signs of such.

Regarding my comment on the shaft not fittIng well, it is flush when put together. maybe I’m just used to the shaft having a thin black collar on the Revo vs Cuetec’s slightly thicker collar.

I will give it a fair shake by trying it out & report back here.
Any update with how this hits in comparison to the Revo? I just sold my 12.4 and looking at either this or the Jacoby Black.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any update with how this hits in comparison to the Revo? I just sold my 12.4 and looking at either this or the Jacoby Black.

I tried a revo and the hit seemed in the same ball park. Not really sure either excels above the other if comparing hit alone.

A few things stand out with the Cuetec.

The sound is better. Not the same as wood but much closer than the Revo. The Revo has a hollow, unnatural sound to me.

The white sighting ferrule on the Cuetec has made adjustment that much easier. With no ferrule on the Revo, my speed control seemed off. Maybe I would adjust to it if I used it full time. Maybe not.

The Cuetec has a super long pro taper which everyone (including Revo users that have tried mine) seems to like better.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried a revo and the hit seemed in the same ball park. Not really sure either excels above the other if comparing hit alone.

The sound is better. Not the same as wood but much closer than the Revo. The Revo has a hollow, unnatural sound to me.

The white sighting ferrule on the Cuetec has made adjustment that much easier. With no ferrule on the Revo, my speed control seemed off. Maybe I would adjust to it if I used it full time. Maybe not.

The Cuetec has a super long pro taper which everyone (including Revo users that have tried mine) seems to like better.

I agree with what Matt has mentioned already

juvecoop

Registered
The sounds of the Revo started to bother me as well along with the taper. So now I’m debating between this or the black.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for sharing.

I'm looking forward to getting mine in the next couple days. I've played bumper-less most of my life, so I don't mind tings or sounds. But, I really wanted a pro-taper. Conical shafts feel to loose to me. Also glad that it has a white ferrule to help with sighting.

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not just have cue repairman put the revo on a lathe a paint a 1/4" white stripe at the end of the shaft? Maybe a piece of white auto pin stripe tape

juvecoop

Registered
Thanks for sharing.

I'm looking forward to getting mine in the next couple days. I've played bumper-less most of my life, so I don't mind tings or sounds. But, I really wanted a pro-taper. Conical shafts feel to loose to me. Also glad that it has a white ferrule to help with sighting.
Did you end up getting your? Just wondering your thoughts on it.

Buster Jones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you end up getting your? Just wondering your thoughts on it.
Yes, I have received it. I probably need a little more time before giving a more definitive review. However, at this time, I will say that I initially I am very happy.

I have never changed shafts without needing a lot of playing time to adapt (other than going between 314-2s which have all played an fairly consistent for me). But this Cynergy feels pretty comfortable immediately. For comparison deflection and spin are not identical but similar to my 314-2s. Somewhere between the z and 314-2s.

I'm not a fan of ferrules less than 12.5mm nor dime shaped tips because of unintended spin. I have decent enough stroke that I can usually get the cue where I need it and I prefer control over spin. This tip came shaped way beyond a dime. Looks more like a 12.5mm roller bearing. But I'm suspicious that that it's been shaped, chalked and hit prior to me, then reshaped to remove the chalk. I could be wrong tho. It does put much more spin on the ball, but the business end is a little thinner than 314-2, but it doesn't put a ton of additional spin than I'm used to. I'm also familiar with sniper tips and I'll reshape the tip soon.

It does hit much stiffer than 314-2. And it feels much more like a solid wooden shaft than any low deflection, wooden cue that I've played with. It doesn't have a dead feel to it.

Since moving to LD shafts, I feel like I've given up having that solid hit in order to get LD. For me, Carbon fiber cues have brought back this feel. If anyone has never played for decades on solid wood, it would be difficult to fully understand that.

I also like the long pro taper, but it doesn't play "whippy." Like most pro taper solid wood shafts. So for me it's the best of both worlds. I like not having a taper on my bridge hand, but prefer a little stiffer hit. Also, just like the Revo, it is super slick.

The deflection is very similar to 314-2s, but my pivot point is much longer... maybe 4". That will take some getting used to.

I've also never like black ferrules. So I'm happy to have a white ferrule.

Overall so far, I'm really pleased.

FYI...The shaft weighted 3.9 oz. The tip was 12.46mm. Slightly more narrow than 12.5mm advertised. I'm wondering whether this may vary between individual cues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

riedmich

.. dogs' friend ..
Silver Member
Did anyone have the chance to play with the entire 15K-cue (15K-butt + 15K-shaft)? I've only heard about and read reviews just from the 15K-shaft played on several non cuetec butts. I'm very curious 'cause I ordered the entire 15K-cue. I hope cuetec designed also the 15K-butt perfectly fitting and harmonizing with the 15K-shaft.

Since today the entire cues are also on Cuetec's website. Now I hope that my german dealer, where I ordered the entire cue, can delivery it soon :) I'm looking forward soooo so much ...

Last edited:

jimtauer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cynergy - black residue?

Anyone else with the Cynergy shaft get black residue on their hands from playing? It started happening to me in my 2nd/3rd session of using it. Wiped the cue down in between with the included wipes and there was also black residue on the wipe. My hands were clean when I was shooting.

Is this normal? Does it go away?

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't had any problems with this, I believe I seen somewhere else that someone did with the Revo

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Residue

I had a little bit of residue at first but it's all gone now and the shaft looks as good as new and performs as it should. Not sure why.

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else with the Cynergy shaft get black residue on their hands from playing? It started happening to me in my 2nd/3rd session of using it. Wiped the cue down in between with the included wipes and there was also black residue on the wipe. My hands were clean when I was shooting.

I have two Cynergies and each both exhibit this issue to different degrees. The first one left no deposit on my hand but the wipe down did leave my cloth slightly discolored. The discoloration has been fading with usage which is what I expect. The second Cynergy did leave some very noticeable deposit on my bridge raising some concern. The wipe down also left more discoloration compared to the first shaft but I am not too concerned about it yet as I think it will also fade.

Personally I think alcohol may be a bit too harsh to use as the cleaning agent all the time so I plan to use it only when absolutely required and/or dilute it. I will try wet wipes for cleaning to see if the discoloration reduces.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Totally normal, nothing to worry about