Whatever Happened to These Guys?

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever so often, we have a thread about certain players that we were wondering about. Add info, add names, and let's locate'em. My names I'm curious about:

Eddie Money (Knoxville, TN?)
Ricky Gracyk (Detroit, MICH?)
John Brown (Savannah?)
Eugene Browning
Walter Glass
Houston Whitey
Bob Ogburn
Tony Mougey (Ohio)
Keith Bennett (Fayetteville, NC)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
crawfish said:
Ever so often, we have a thread about certain players that we were wondering about. Add info, add names, and let's locate'em. My names I'm curious about:

John Brown (Savannah?)
Eugene Browning
Walter Glass
Houston Whitey
Bob Ogburn
Tony Mougey (Ohio)

Sadly, Walter Glass passed away, I think 3 years or more ago. :(

The last U.S. Open he attended was in 2004, as shown in the bottom left picture on this page: http://www.hometown.aol.com/khmccready/2004USOPENPAGE2.html

Bob Ogburn is still around and actually posted on this forum a few times. He likes to fly under the radar, mainly down South.

Tony Mougey attends many events near Ohio.

Keith Bennett was an active competitor on the IPT qualifier tournament trail. I think he still is active in other events as well.

Actually, Tony, Keith bennett, and Water's picture are all on that picture page link.

I've got a picture of Bob Ogburn somewhere. I will post it if I can find it.

JAM

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
crawfish said:
Eugene Browning

Mr. Browning may have taken a little time off from the game. He is now playing again. He has passed through my area three times recently. Each time, I recieve a phone call about a guy wanting to play some cheap sets ($50 or $100) or $20 per game. I think he is usually on his own with no stake horse. I wish I could recount an outcome one way or the other, but he always shows up early and it's not financially responsible for me to leave work early and drive the 50 miles home to play to try and win $100.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Bob Ogburn is still around and actually posted on this forum a few times. He likes to fly under the radar, mainly down South...I've got a picture of Bob Ogburn somewhere. I will post it if I can find it.

On second thought, since Bob Ogburn enjoys flying under the radar, I better not post up his picture. :eek:

JAM

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought of some more:

Jimmy Wales
Joe Root
Ottis Moore (Big O)
Big Ed Demar
Pete Horne

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
crawfish said:
I thought of some more:

Jimmy Wales
Joe Root
Ottis Moore (Big O)
Big Ed Demar
Pete Horne

What about these guys? Never hear anything about them anymore....

Jerry Prado
Barry Emerson
Amar Kang
Jon Dovinsky

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
On second thought, since Bob Ogburn enjoys flying under the radar, I better not post up his picture. :eek:

JAM

I think his cover was blown on a website that hosts matches, i wont say which one or where but i'm 85.23852% sure it was him, I have a weak connection or I would check it now. Back in the day it was called "Live territory" when you could come to town un-noticed, thats almost impossible these days. The internet and digital cameras changed all that. Kinda sucks yet the internet is cool.

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
What a great talent Amar Kang is. I am saddend to report he doesn't play pool anymore. Last I heard he was trying his hand at golf. Boy could he hit those balls when he was playing.

McKinneyMiner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
What about these guys? Never hear anything about them anymore....

Jerry Prado
Barry Emerson
Amar Kang
Jon Dovinsky

Barry lives here in the Dallas area and very infrequently he'll show up at a local weekly tournament.

He quit playing in leagues a couple of years ago and as far as I know doesn't play too much at all.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jam, is this true about Walter Glass? It's the first I've heard of this. If it is I'm sorry to hear it. I didn't see his picture on that page.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
dabarbr said:
Jam, is this true about Walter Glass? It's the first I've heard of this. If it is I'm sorry to hear it. I didn't see his picture on that page.

Then it must have been his ghost that played in the Dust Off at Alexander's a couple months ago. :)

Joking aside, he's still alive.

CaPoolFan

CAPOOLFAN
Silver Member
Amar Kang

Amar Played In The Reunion Tournament In Sacramento A Couple Of Weeks Ago, Yes He Is Playing Lots Of Golf. He Placed 17-24th In The Tournament We Had 113 Very Strong Players Lots Of Fun

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
T
crawfish said:

John Brown (Savannah?)
Eugene Browning
Walter Glass
Houston Whitey
Bob Ogburn
Tony Mougey(Ohio)
I bought a cue off of Tony a while back. He had an amazing DCC this year, took 5/6th with Efren in the 9 ball and placed top 10 in the 1P I think. I just heard in the past few weeks he moved to KY, dont know if its true or not, i havent tried calling him in a while.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
Then it must have been his ghost that played in the Dust Off at Alexander's a couple months ago. :)

Thanks Jimmy, glad to hear this.

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Sadly, Walter Glass passed away, I think 3 years or more ago. :(

The last U.S. Open he attended was in 2004, as shown in the bottom left picture on this page: http://www.hometown.aol.com/khmccready/2004USOPENPAGE2.html

Bob Ogburn is still around and actually posted on this forum a few times. He likes to fly under the radar, mainly down South.

Tony Mougey attends many events near Ohio.

Keith Bennett was an active competitor on the IPT qualifier tournament trail. I think he still is active in other events as well.

Actually, Tony, Keith bennett, and Water's picture are all on that picture page link.

I've got a picture of Bob Ogburn somewhere. I will post it if I can find it.

JAM
That can't be Jam. Walter's name came up in a tourney last year where he beat some great players then was beat by Austin Murphy. Philw

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:

The stories of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. :D
I saw Walter a few weeks ago in Vegas sweating a match.