Freddie's site should be preserved

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Noticed recently that Freddie's site bankingwiththebeard.com is down for good, GoDaddy is selling that domain name. It would be nice to get his site moved to another server so that all his knowledge and effort is preserved. There are very few left of that generation and his loss was big for 1P/Banks. Any suggestions?

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
I completely agree

it would be a shame for all his hard work to just disappear into the ether. Not sure how difficult it would be to get it moved and hosted elsewhere. Does anyone have connections to his family? Perhaps they would be interested in helping get it preserved..

Noticed recently that Freddie's site bankingwiththebeard.com is down for good, GoDaddy is selling that domain name. It would be nice to get his site moved to another server so that all his knowledge and effort is preserved. There are very few left of that generation and his loss was big for 1P/Banks. Any suggestions?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Thomas,

Freddie's daughter, Cat, is running the site. I just sent her an email letting her know the site expired on 3/2/15. But she is still selling stuff, so I would assume if was just an oversight on her part.

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Thomas,

Freddie's daughter, Cat, is running the site. I just sent her an email letting her know the site expired on 3/2/15. But she is still selling stuff, so I would assume if was just an oversight on her part.

Thanks for doing that! :thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thomas,

Thanx, RJ......although it apparently wasn't green worthy.....
....shouldn't we be allowed more greens to hand out....
What the hell, Mike, it's almost springtime.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know how large the full site is, but I am betting just the text like any instructional things are not large.

Not to put any pressure on them, but I bet AZB can put up a page with his info on it (with permission from relatives of course) without breaking a sweat in their bandwidth costs or maintenance.

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad that it's back up :) Just for future reference... Many Web sites are archived at www.archive.org, including the Beard's site.

Archive isn't the best option because it only takes snapshots of the core Web site depending on significant changes to the site, and they do not store any downloads, videos, or dynamic content (like a forum), so it's not going to have all the stuff he had on his site. But it will have everything he wrote and posted for a long time to come.

Here is a link to the last snapshot: https://web.archive.org/web/20140516220614/http://bankingwiththebeard.com/

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
www.BANKINGWITHTHEBEARD.com

IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN
YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Last edited: