Team CSI vs Team USA | Wed Nov 20 @ 5pm ET / 2pm PT

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the normal shot clock rule?

Yesterday Justin was down on the ball, the beeps ended and the ref said "Foul!". I thought the way a shot clock format works is once you are down on the ball you can take your time (but if you get back up it's a foul)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Yesterday Justin was down on the ball, the beeps ended and the ref said "Foul!". I thought the way a shot clock format works is once you are down on the ball you can take your time (but if you get back up it's a foul)

My understanding of the rule is that the ten second warning will not be issued by the referee or shot clock operator while a player is over the cue ball, but that if the shot clock expires, it remains a foul.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She said 1700 tickets sold.

I'm guessing 1700 tickets total over 4 days and not 1700 in the audience.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

My understanding of the rule is that the ten second warning will not be issued by the referee or shot clock operator while a player is over the cue ball, but that if the shot clock expires, it remains a foul.

I didn’t know a clock foul was ball in hand...I thought you just gave up your turn,
...guess I never saw a clock foul till yesterday

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Break-and-run stats:

• Team USA -- 13% (4 of 32)
    Team CSI -- 25% (8 of 32)

Successful breaks -- 53% for both

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I assume we're talking about these, which were just announced for the Mosconi Cup:

View attachment 534943

Where’d you come up on that pic? Lol I googled and their website has a countdown for when they will be “unveiled” at the mosconi cup. And it just shows a black screen.

Also says they’ll be used at the us open...I for one will not be playing the open in 2020. Partly in protest :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What the heck was up with this ref walking in front of Tyler's shot?

https://youtu.be/rvY1qJktJHE?t=1860

Yes, he apologized.

Yes, Tyler made the shot and seemed to laugh about it.

But still, it should just be common sense to not do what he did.

Brain fart! Maybe he thought he was playing a money game for a moment and was conceding the game. I've never seen that ref before. Must be a local guy they enlisted.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where’d you come up on that pic? Lol I googled and their website has a countdown for when they will be “unveiled” at the mosconi cup. And it just shows a black screen.

Also says they’ll be used at the us open...I for one will not be playing the open in 2020. Partly in protest :)

God awful ugly balls! Black is a good color for the eight ball and that's it!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brain fart! Maybe he thought he was playing a money game for a moment and was conceding the game. I've never seen that ref before. Must be a local guy they enlisted.

I know there was a post on FB when it was announced that Nigel wouldn't be returning as a ref, and there were a ton of negative comments about the 2 refs that were chosen.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know there was a post on FB when it was announced that Nigel wouldn't be returning as a ref, and there were a ton of negative comments about the 2 refs that were chosen.

Nigel is the best ref out there currently!