Thanks To Everyone For 2-Rail Advice

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok, below is the diagram of the shot i messed up the other night. if you will recall i tried to pocket the '1' Ball and go straight up table for position on the '2' Ball, and fell about a foot short. and from there the runout was hosed.

some AZB'ers told me to use inside english, and go two rails. i tried that last night on this shot, and both times ended up as in the below diagram, almost perfect position at Point A.

i learned something - thanks guys.
DCP

CueTable Help

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is another example that i used two rails instead of one rail.

in pocketing the '4' Ball i could have tried to go one rail (down line A) to end up at Point B, but instead i used some low left, and went two rails and got perfect position for the '5' Ball at Point B. if i would have used the one rail shot, perhaps it would have worked ok, but the two rail shots seem to be working better for me.

DCP

p.s. i dont know why some of my lines are messed up after i post?

CueTable Help

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ShaneT58 said:
It seems like to me that you like to do things the hard way. Try coming into the shot off the rail rather than coming across the line of the shot.

Something like this.
i was going to recommend that same thing.....the reason is your margin of error is much greater if you come off the far rail towards the 5.......the way you are shooting the ball, you have a little tiny area where you have a shot, little too far or too little and you dont. I think its called the attack angle, if you ever see the book "pool players edge" check it out, they talk about it in depth, it opened my eyes on how i should shoot a shot

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You also want to avoid other balls and pockets when possible. The shot recommended by Shane does both and is the better choice.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege said:
ok, below is the diagram of the shot i messed up the other night. if you will recall i tried to pocket the '1' Ball and go straight up table for position on the '2' Ball, and fell about a foot short. and from there the runout was hosed.

some AZB'ers told me to use inside english, and go two rails. i tried that last night on this shot, and both times ended up as in the below diagram, almost perfect position at Point A.

i learned something - thanks guys.
DCP

CueTable Help

Yes DCP,
I advised you to make that shot, as may have a couple of others.

I've responded to at least a half dozen of your queries over the past year or so and that is about the closest you've come to recognizing any one of them.

It'll likely be my last peice of direct advice to you until you learn to use this forum to communicate, rather than to use it as a soapbox.

Colin

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
scottycoyote said:
i was going to recommend that same thing.....the reason is your margin of error is much greater if you come off the far rail towards the 5.......the way you are shooting the ball, you have a little tiny area where you have a shot, little too far or too little and you dont. I think its called the attack angle, if you ever see the book "pool players edge" check it out, they talk about it in depth, it opened my eyes on how i should shoot a shot

yes, i understand your point. however, at the time of the shot i didnt feel totally confident to use inside english to go two rails. the diagram is 98% accurate for the shot, and i didnt feel totally confident i could make the shot using inside english. i felt more comfortable pocketing the ball with low left and going two rails, although as you guys point out it might have been wiser to use inside.

just one of those things, i guess.

DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colin Colenso said:
Yes DCP,
I advised you to make that shot, as may have a couple of others.

I've responded to at least a half dozen of your queries over the past year or so and that is about the closest you've come to recognizing any one of them.

It'll likely be my last peice of direct advice to you until you learn to use this forum to communicate, rather than to use it as a soapbox.

Colin

chill Colin,
i always read what you say, and listen. i am trying to learn. it may not always seem like it, but i do appreciate responses. and forgive me for moaning and groaning all the time about my bad luck.

DCP