Grand Champion 3 pockets

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Olhausen has a new pocket for the GC3, but I believe it has a high back profile and it's not as low as the standard plastic bucket.

Does anyone know if a Diamond bucket/pocket would be compatible with the Olhausen?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Olhausen has a new pocket for the GC3, but I believe it has a high back profile and it's not as low as the standard plastic bucket.

Does anyone know if a Diamond bucket/pocket would be compatible with the Olhausen?

You'd have to post some pictures up as I have no idea what you're taking about, need to see it first.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the current buckets.

I'm thinking I'd need to have the cushions extended for the diamond pockets.

I want the low profile leather instead of the current plastic ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 266

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well, first of all, the Diamond pockets won't fit on any other tables built. Second, to fit a GC pocket casting, the pockets need to be screwed in to the castings on both sides, and Olhausen don't make pockets that fit a GC that I'm aware of, nailing in pockets can mount them on any pool table, but that don't make it right.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

-
A diamond billiards pool table pocket is not a direct fit to any other table...
Diamonds pockets are not "flush" they have a smooth transition from the pocket to the rail but do stick up. If you want the same type of results all you have to do is make the transition on a plastic pocket smooth...making it low profile'

Enjoy'

Rob.M

Last edited:

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Here are the current buckets.

I'm thinking I'd need to have the cushions extended for the diamond pockets.

I want the low profile leather instead of the current plastic ones.

Olhausen does have a leather bucket pocket available , but it's the same style as the plastic bucket you have now. To change the style youd have to change the way the pocket mounts. Diamond's are "flush" because the pockets sit in a recess in the top of the rail. Your corner castings don't have that recess so any pocket is going to sit on top like that. The leather bucket pockets are nice. They look and feel better than the plastic in my opinion.