Phenolic inserts for shaft

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I have been tapping the phenolic inserts and butts for the joint screw ........... with the same tap for 10 years............. no problems........... it still cuts my finger

Kim

I'm surprised you didn't claim 20 years.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Machines well, glues well, and is as black as you will ever find, IMO. There are 2 ridges on the outside of these, 180 degrees apart. When Chucking it up, have to make sure the jaws are not on either ridge.It is a bit easier to tap for ferrules than others I've used.
Dave

Good great news, I wiil order some rod and tube, Thank You!
J-Luc

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Machines well, glues well, and is as black as you will ever find, IMO. There are 2 ridges on the outside of these, 180 degrees apart. When Chucking it up, have to make sure the jaws are not on either ridge.It is a bit easier to tap for ferrules than others I've used.
Dave

Why the heck are you using them for ferrules?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
I have it in the collar size, ferrule size for break shafts, and butt size....don't you?

No.
Plenty of the brown canvas for break ferrules.
With those clear break tips these days, one piece ferrule tip breaker and jumper are passe'.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No internet for 24 hrs.
Then son called 5 mins ago, wife & I "need" to edit 3 grad school essays by 11:45 tonight.:grin-square:

Otherwise:

I pity the tap that goes through LE phenolic

was going to say "will let you know soon"
But probably tomorrow at this point.
Rolled/molded rod from Atlas came this afternoon.

Black phenolic LE tube here in joint and butt sizes, not sure where acquired.

smt

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
No.
Plenty of the brown canvas for break ferrules.
With those clear break tips these days, one piece ferrule tip breaker and jumper are passe'.

Brown canvas is fine, have a lot of it...but when they ask for black....see my point?
The black that some suppliers have is less then black unless you dye it after machining it, I'd rather just have to machine, sand, polish and done.
As to the clear tips, I have seen a couple, only because the customer wanted them removed and white diamonds put on
dave

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why would you say that???? I have been making cues for 10 years......... was that an attempt at sarcasm ???? I bought it at Atlas in 2010.

Kim

Hahahaha
I've been doing this 3 times longer than you have. I still have my taps too. Must be that can of Ever sharp I use. Lol