So, how much did he lose ?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This is without a doubt, and not even close, the nicest thing anybody has ever said about me on azbilliards.

Would it have killed you to get my name spelling right? :D

Thank you very much.

best,
brian kc

Brian....I’m going to stick up for Chris here...he had a perfect right to spell your name Brain.
...that is the exact spelling you used years ago in a thread from Dippy Dave....
...you signed off as ‘Brain’

The thread had a lot to do about the Viffer’s atrocious spelling.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Brian....I’m going to stick up for Chris here...he had a perfect right to spell your name Brain.
...that is the exact spelling you used years ago in a thread from Dippy Dave....
...you signed off as ‘Brain’

The thread had a lot to do about the Viffer’s atrocious spelling.

wow! good recall.

speaking of brains, yours is like a steel trap! :thumbup:

seriously...

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Brian, regardless of introductions, I really had no clue who you were.

I don't follow every thread on AZ and back in 2014 your name meant nothing to me at Sandcastle -- *no idea* who you were, what your story and history on AZ was or anywhere else. Sorry, and I mean that sincerely. I'm sure you were ready to gamble -- I *now* have no doubt about that. But whatever you may have said at the time, did not register with me. So who's fault is that?

Your boy can still get played. When the dust settles, give me some notice, tell him to practice up (don't want any more excuses), and buy him a ticket to STL.

Lou Figueroa

yeah, I was pretty unnoticeable here during those first 7 years when I was trying to muster the courage to interact with everyone. :grin-square::rolleyes:

regarding rematch, it's not looking good, is it?

best,
brian kc

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come get what? Your opportunity is long gone. If you offered me the nuts you still won't get action with me. That's how little i care about you at this point in my life. I'd rather burn 20k on video than give you a shot at another dollar off mine. I'd rather French kiss a person with a severe case of covid19 than to play pool with you. I would rather let someone beat me to death with my Tad than to consider voluntarily being in the same room as you. When i said you're on my super short list of evil odius people i should have been clear that you're number one even above the guy who called my wife a 3$ mail order bride.

On top of that even if i did want to play you i already know you have no backers. And without backers you won't bet a quarter as has been firmly established not just in our relationship but by numbers accounts by o others who have known you forever.

So enjoy the brief time you to spend with me here. That's the best you're going to get. And again, anytime you want to promote our cases by telling your "story"is fine with me. You are and always have been a very good story teller.
Seems like you need backers, not Lou.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou has his soul in a jar. Let that sink in.

I’m sure JB is a good dude but he hasn’t been the same since the inception of said jar.

His soul is in a damn pickle jar. Let that sink in.

You wanna bet he'll be gambling AGAIN before he settles all accounts ? :D
You and I know this little fella who used to own a small place in Carson ( no need to name him ) .
We were there for a nice party with the three original Filipino team.
You came with Min Ng. We had chicken tinola and adobo.
The three greats played pusoy.
That little fella was the biggest gambler here for a very long time .
Kept going to Riverside to match up tough against all advice .
Ended up losing a ton of money and swore off gambling .
Pfft!
Still gambling .

Gambling is evil.
I've seen what it does to family members and friends.
I'm glad I quit it two+ decades ago.

The smartest of the nits do not gamble though. They only get in games that they know for a fact that they are going to win.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... That just shows that pool players are way worse than old ladies when it comes to drama/gossip. ...
Nah. Consider the old lady who christened the USS Theodore Roosevelt, a ship's name that has been in the news lately. Here she is on that occasion:

CropperCapture[520].jpg

According to Wikipedia:

Of her quotable comments, Alice's most famous found its way to a pillow on her settee: "If you can't say something good about someone, sit right here by me."​

She worked at gossip.

Bob <-- need to hold my tongue more often

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah. Consider the old lady who christened the USS Theodore Roosevelt, a ship's name that has been in the news lately. Here she is on that occasion:

View attachment 547460

According to Wikipedia:

Of her quotable comments, Alice's most famous found its way to a pillow on her settee: "If you can't say something good about someone, sit right here by me."​

She worked at gossip.

Bob <-- need to hold my tongue more often

There is always an exception and you picked one that is very strong. I agree sir.

I too should hold my tongue WAY more often.

Jeff

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
John, Really sorry you took a big hit and how it's taking a toll on your emotions. But you damn sure don't owe a bunch of degenerate nit, nut hunting - wannabe gamblers an apology or a youtube video explaining anything. Just owe people that money and pay them when you can. If they don't like that tough shit, they should have posted. They can't kill and eat you.

I really think you should try to get some help. You lost $66,000 dollars for God's sake!!! And you are rationalizing it!!! The seedy pool world is not a forgiving and empathetic soft place to be. Just accept that you are not cut out for pressure gambling. You are too into your feelings to be a gambler. That is a fact!!! But you are in full blown denial and you're not the only one. Take Lou for example, now here's a guy who everyone knows is self absorbed narcissistic egomaniac who takes great pleasure kicking another man when he's down in well written novel form. But Lou thinks this is normal behavior and he deserves to be heard because he's a good military man. That's called denial.

Please stop trying to justify your actions with "win some / lose some" rationalizations. You shouldn't even bet $5 dollars because it apparently triggers something that makes you go off. I never like to see guys go off. But it's a sad truth in the degenerate world of gambling. Some guys can bet outside their comfort zone and lose but still maintain control and not go off all the way. Some guys can't. You are one of those guys that can't. There used to be a guy in Houston who was known as "Go Off John". Sad thing is, every hustler, even the classy ones, would line up and wait around for him, hoping to be the next guy to take him down. There were others too. Pill Head Larry, Sid, Wino Tom, And the list goes on and on. All the players would line up and try to snap them off. They hoped Tom would be drunk or Larry would be pilled out and so on. Disgusting to watch. After they would take off the go off they really felt proud of themselves.

In closing, you are not cut out for pressure gambling because your emotions and feelings get in the way of playing winning pool. Doesn't make you a bad person and the sooner you can accept your reality the sooner you can find some peace. Pool gambling can be real ugly and it's not meant for people who express their feelings on youtube. The best pool players have no feelings. Stay in your lane, and your lane is not pressure gambling.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John.

You play good considering you have the responsibilities of a career and family, however, i don't think you can bet as high as you do when you "go off" esp when playing your peers in terms of talent/knowledge.

Everyone has a comfort zone when it comes to a bet and i think you step out of yours.....you work for your money and you value it too much to put the amounts in play that you do.

Be honest with yourself, when you played Lou, Marks and now "Austin" what % of your "normal" game did you play......I'll venture a guess it was no more than 75%.

The only way to get over the yipes or pocket "titty" syndrome when playing for $$$ out of your comfort zone is either drugs, seasoning (which can be VERY expensive) or having no regard for $$$.

This is moot if you catch a stone, cold sucker and you have a significant talent advantage, however, it seems like you don't look for that type of action.

It's OK to have the nuts, no?

Take care, adam

Yes it's ok to have the nuts. You have to keep the customers happy.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ShootingHank...So you were "just kidding" when you suggested that the quality of his cases might be substandard, after losing these bets (because you suppose he'll have to 'pump out' way more cases)? That's an extremely low blow to someone, who like him or not (I call JB my friend), is well known for his work ethic and quality control. Shame on you for even mentioning that.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I'm kidding.

Coronavirus joke.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
John, Really sorry you took a big hit and how it's taking a toll on your emotions. But you damn sure don't owe a bunch of degenerate nit, nut hunting - wannabe gamblers an apology or a youtube video explaining anything. Just owe people that money and pay them when you can. If they don't like that tough shit, they should have posted. They can't kill and eat you.

I really think you should try to get some help. You lost $66,000 dollars for God's sake!!! And you are rationalizing it!!! The seedy pool world is not a forgiving and empathetic soft place to be. Just accept that you are not cut out for pressure gambling. You are too into your feelings to be a gambler. That is a fact!!! But you are in full blown denial and you're not the only one. Take Lou for example, now here's a guy who everyone knows is self absorbed narcissistic egomaniac who takes great pleasure kicking another man when he's down in well written novel form. But Lou thinks this is normal behavior and he deserves to be heard because he's a good military man. That's called denial.

Please stop trying to justify your actions with "win some / lose some" rationalizations. You shouldn't even bet $5 dollars because it apparently triggers something that makes you go off. I never like to see guys go off. But it's a sad truth in the degenerate world of gambling. Some guys can bet outside their comfort zone and lose but still maintain control and not go off all the way. Some guys can't. You are one of those guys that can't. There used to be a guy in Houston who was known as "Go Off John". Sad thing is, every hustler, even the classy ones, would line up and wait around for him, hoping to be the next guy to take him down. There were others too. Pill Head Larry, Sid, Wino Tom, And the list goes on and on. All the players would line up and try to snap them off. They hoped Tom would be drunk or Larry would be pilled out and so on. Disgusting to watch. After they would take off the go off they really felt proud of themselves.

In closing, you are not cut out for pressure gambling because your emotions and feelings get in the way of playing winning pool. Doesn't make you a bad person and the sooner you can accept your reality the sooner you can find some peace. Pool gambling can be real ugly and it's not meant for people who express their feelings on youtube. The best pool players have no feelings. Stay in your lane, and your lane is not pressure gambling.

It was $66K? I thought it was $35K.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:
That is a profound posting, Mr. Hungarian sir.
And it just about covers why I remain a $10 bettor...and I LIKE THAT.
I salute you for your insight.
And I have played some of the best in the world for 10 bucks. It's all a matter of approaching them properly...…"Mister pool champion man, I'm rehearsing for a match in my league, would you play me some 8-Ball for $10 a game, if I pay for all the time...win, lose,or draw, on the gambling money?"
Most, if they're not hustling and waiting for a bigger score will use me as an "in between" and play. It's good training for me to work against a top action hitter for a cheap price. And they know they can pick up some loose money.....but I've made some of 'em WORK for it.:wink:

Last edited:

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He played, he lost, apparently he owes now - as long as the people he owes it to are OK with that and the terms associated with it, what else really matters?

If it is $66K, there's no doubt in my mind that he didn't intend to lose anything close to that, but who ever does? Ego and emotion take hold sometimes in those instances.

I played a good friend who's a former US Amateur Champion what I thought was a cheap game a few years back - thought I might drop $100.00 or - ended up dropping $1,500.00 and paid him his money - he won it fair and square. Did I intend to lose that much? Not a chance - but my "superego" took hold and started driving that bus right off a cliff.

I've seen good friends drop large sums of money in Vegas numerous times - they never intended to, but again ego and emotion override logic and common sense sometimes - happens to the best of us.

It's John's money - what he owes is between he and the person/persons he played - if he does this again, it's still John's money and his decision - not our circus, not our monkey's.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Losing 66k is a sign of someone having a gambling problem. As long as that problem isn't dealt with properly, starting with the person realizing that they do in fact have a problem, it will get worse and worse. JB is in complete denial about both this and the level of his play. I'm sorry but it's the truth.

I have a better fargorate than JB, and I'd never dream of putting that kind of money on a game, even if I can make a long shot, straight in, every time, unlike JB. Nevertheless there are people who'd swim a river of sh.. to play me 9 ball or ten ball. The difference is, that I know that. I also know that, because I work for a living, I can't maintain more than maybe 80% of my skill under big pressure. I just dont' have the time to practise 10 hours a day, play tournaments every week etc. and nerves will get to me because of that.

Granted I don't have as much money as him, but objectively, if you don't have a 700+ rating, I don't really think you have any business playing pool for big money. Your game just isn't stable enough to reliably run out on the opportunities that you should. You're going to miss runnable layouts, and then it truely is gambling.

In many countries 66k is about equal to the annual net wages of an engineer or someone with a similar level of skill. That's not a trifling amount. Imagine flushing a years wages down the toilet because you couldn't control your emotions on one day. Not only that, but knowing that you're probably betting against air. I seriously doubt those guys had that kind of money in a satchel to hand over if they lost.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come get what? Your opportunity is long gone. If you offered me the nuts you still won't get action with me. That's how little i care about you at this point in my life. I'd rather burn 20k on video than give you a shot at another dollar off mine. I'd rather French kiss a person with a severe case of covid19 than to play pool with you. I would rather let someone beat me to death with my Tad than to consider voluntarily being in the same room as you. When i said you're on my super short list of evil odius people i should have been clear that you're number one even above the guy who called my wife a 3$ mail order bride.

On top of that even if i did want to play you i already know you have no backers. And without backers you won't bet a quarter as has been firmly established not just in our relationship but by numbers accounts by o others who have known you forever.

So enjoy the brief time you to spend with me here. That's the best you're going to get. And again, anytime you want to promote our cases by telling your "story"is fine with me. You are and always have been a very good story teller.

A bit back, when we was woofin' to play for $20,000, I had three different guys immediately contact me and say they'd stake me for the full amount.

I also had guys in STL do the same. They didn't want your dough leaving town :)

Lou Figueroa

Last edited: