Shreveport, LA

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My job is sending me to Shreveport for a few weeks. I looked and found a few places where I could play on Google Maps, but I'm wondering if anyone here might have some input on where to go or maybe what nights might be better at said places.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

StopShort

Registered
Secrets Bar and Billiards, Sidepockets, and t'k's tavern are the three largest pool bars in the area. All 7 footers except for 2 9ft Diamonds at Sidepockets. It's primarily an APA town. Secrets has APA 9 ball tournaments on Tuesday and Saturday. Sidepockets has a Friday night 9 ball tournament. All ball count races.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My job is sending me to Shreveport for a few weeks. I looked and found a few places where I could play on Google Maps, but I'm wondering if anyone here might have some input on where to go or maybe what nights might be better at said places.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Great event with huge calcutta with lots of top pros

33621367_2092972680731476_5839891234511912960_o.jpg

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m scheduled to fly back home on August 3rd, so I’ll miss the big event, but I’ll be sure to check that place out, and the others too.

Thanks for the tips!

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to offer a little follow-up for this post.
I visited Bill Schick’s place and I even brought a viper cue I bought at a garage sale for $10. He invited me back into his shop and we hung out and talked for a while as he put a new tip on for me, straighten out the ferrule, and even retapered the shaft to match my normal playing cue. He showed me some of the custom cue work he was doing and how some of his equipment worked. What a great time! I plan to get back there to shoot a bit when I have some time, it really is an old-school pool hall.

Also stopped by Secrets on Tuesday to see if I could get in on their 9-ball tournament that night. Met Steve who was running the tournament, but only a few people showed so no tournament that night. Still, he let me shoot pool for a few hours no-charge. Seemed like a friendly place and I’ll try again to get in on another tournament if I’m here long enough.

Thanks again to those that offered tips for where to go.

This site ROCKS!!!!