Me and Grindz Matchup!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Me and Grindz will be matching up this Wednesday at noon for the AZ King of the 8s Crown at Kolbys.The Games will be Rotation,1 pocket,and also 8 Ball,should be a good matchup.I have never seen Tim DeMaagd play but he is stepping up so it should be good.I am unsure if I will live stream it or not but if some people are interested in seeing us play I will set everything up. :smile:

Bad Company

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Lenny said:
Me and Grindz will be matching up this Wednesday at noon for the AZ King of the 8s Crown at Kolbys.The Games will be Rotation,1 pocket,and also 8 Ball,should be a good matchup.I have never seen Tim DeMaagd play but he is stepping up so it should be good.I am unsure if I will live stream it or not but if some people are interested in seeing us play I will set everything up. :smile:

I like the AZ king of eight's crown concept but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have one issue. The game is a little harder if there is a prize at the end of the rainbow.You know I respect your game but If there is nothing on the line then it takes zero heart, I would fire at shots I wouldn't for the money..I think order to carry a crown you should be playing for something. I think we should do a 200 eights and under Round Robin winner takes all and I will add 200.00 to the winner. Just an idea... Of coarse I get to play.

Jude

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Bad Company said:
I like the AZ king of eight's crown concept but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have one issue. The game is a little harder if there is a prize at the end of the rainbow.You know I respect your game but If there is nothing on the line then it takes zero heart, I would fire at shots I wouldn't for the money..I think order to carry a crown you should be playing for something. I think we should do a 200 eights and under Round Robin winner takes all and I will add 200.00 to the winner. Just an idea... Of coarse I get to play.

Jude
Trust me Jude,I have played for $100 a game many times before and it was nothing compared to the pressure I felt playing in front of a bunch of people online and also having the pressure to play well and win for your ego and reputation.If you get on one of these online matches I think you might feel some pressure you haven't felt before as you know everyone is watching and looking at your game and laughing at every mistake you make.Me and Brady did gamble cheaply but some people dont like to gamble and I respect that just like Ray did with Roger but dont think for one second my play will change when I play Wednesday,I dont like to lose and my pride means more then money.Most of these challenge matches will have a few bucks on the line for sure and a few will not.I heard you were a 9 from someone but if you want some action Wednesday then come to Kolbys and my friend Jay will play some cheap $50 sets with you or perhaps a longer race for a hundred or 2,he is a 9 and has his good and bad days.Bobby Emmons beat him the other day giving up the 7 out so there is another judge of his speed but he plays hard and is good action,if he catches a gear you might need to pull up. :p

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Bad Company said:

Jude
One more thing Jude,I like having an 8s round robin,it seems like a fun idea,if we can get a few 8s who will play and gamble I am up for it. :wink:

$200 per man king of the hill ring game

I am down for that lenny. count me in. Is it going to 8's only or??? Let me know wassup.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
justabanger said:
I am down for that lenny. count me in. Is it going to 8's only or??? Let me know wassup.
It would be 8's only who could play and they would have to be known 8's who are competing because someone could be rated an 8 years ago and be 9 speed or above now and get a quick score. :cool:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
justabanger said:
I haven't forget about you either Justin,if I win against Grindz you can play me next but it will be awhile as I dont want to hog the spotlight and give other guys a chance to matchup.If you want to play sooner you and Bad Company can set a date and play what you guys like for what you guys like,your both 8's so lets get it on!I would ask you play at Kolbys as its closest to me and they are cool with us doing these there. :smile:

Fast Lenny said:
It would be 8's only who could play and they would have to be known 8's who are competing because someone could be rated an 8 years ago and be 9 speed or above now and get a quick score. :cool:

I am in either way so just tell me when and where to show up. Hopefully you will win this match with grindz and then I got next!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
justabanger said:
I am in either way so just tell me when and where to show up. Hopefully you will win this match with grindz and then I got next!
Do you want to matchup with Jude?I know he is itching so make your proposal to him and you guys can work out the details.You guys can play Wednesday after me and Grindz do battle,play what you guys like for what you guys want and the table time from 7pm to close on Wednesday is only $10! :thumbup:

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bad Company said:

Jude

Hey Jude,

I believe the AZ King of <insert state here> was started in a thread a while back with a set of rules pre-defined for what the challenge should be. Check this thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=106733

The idea was that players in certain areas could get together and play other forum members locally and declare themselves "the AZ King of ...", and the sole purpose was to just have some fun and get to know people here on the forums. That is why you are seeing little to no betting on these challenge matches. BVal and Fast Lenny played for 50, which was the standard bet for the "AZ King of ..." challenge.

What was kind of crazy was that all these challenges were starting to happen before and after the BVal/Fast Lenny match in a couple of threads... and most of them just happen to be people that lived in Arizona (since Lenny is located here in Arizona now, and he can live stream the challenge matches). So, basically this is the reason you are not seeing more money being bet on these matches. What you are proposing is a good idea (I especially like the round robin thing), but is different than the "AZ King of ..." concept that was started a few months ago. If you are just looking for some good old plain action, from other 8's in Arizona, I'm sure you can find some on here. I'm just trying to give you the background here so you can have a better idea of the context in which you are posting. Most of the people challenging each other are doing so in the "AZ King of ..." fashion, not a simple money match challenge.

As for the topic of having to play for money to play your hardest... I think that varies on a person by person basis. Some people feel that they simply cannot play their best (or just would rather not) if there is nothing on the line. While others will play their heart out for nothing more than the pure competitive spirit of it. Nothing is wrong with either viewpoint, in my opinion. Personally, I fall into the latter category. I am an EXTREMELY competitive person and I will play every game/match with the same intensity and focus as if I was playing Cory Deuel in the Desert Shootout. With nothing on the line, I will still show you ALL my heart. I just don't care. I want to win, money or no money. But I may be in the minority when it comes to this issue. I can certainly understand the other side of the story as well. Some people need to see something at the end and be rewarded for their efforts... nothing wrong with that.

But I will say that playing on a live stream definitely increases the intensity and desire to win, regardless of what is on the line. The idea of having hundreds of people watching you play over the course of say 5 or 6 hours, is a strong motivation to not look like an ass (trust me, I know ;))... and most certainly will add a level of pressure to your match. I've personally felt this pressure playing on live streams and playing in spectator-paid tournaments where the level of play is expected to be very high. But I've also experienced similar pressure in playing five hundred dollars a set. To me they are of different types, but nonetheless, it is all still pressure. I guess it's relative to what is most imporant to the person playing.

Good luck with whomever you match up.

Ray

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
BigCat said:
Hey Jude,

I believe the AZ King of <insert state here> was started in a thread a while back with a set of rules pre-defined for what the challenge should be. Check this thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=106733

The idea was that players in certain areas could get together and play other forum members locally and declare themselves "the AZ King of ...", and the sole purpose was to just have some fun and get to know people here on the forums. That is why you are seeing little to no betting on these challenge matches. BVal and Fast Lenny played for 50, which was the standard bet for the "AZ King of ..." challenge.

What was kind of crazy was that all these challenges were starting to happen before and after the BVal/Fast Lenny match in a couple of threads... and most of them just happen to be people that lived in Arizona (since Lenny is located here in Arizona now, and he can live stream the challenge matches). So, basically this is the reason you are not seeing more money being bet on these matches. What you are proposing is a good idea (I especially like the round robin thing), but is different than the "AZ King of ..." concept that was started a few months ago. If you are just looking for some good old plain action, from other 8's in Arizona, I'm sure you can find some on here. I'm just trying to give you the background here so you can have a better idea of the context in which you are posting. Most of the people challenging each other are doing so in the "AZ King of ..." fashion, not a simple money match challenge.

As for the topic of having to play for money to play your hardest... I think that varies on a person by person basis. Some people feel that they simply cannot play their best (or just would rather not) if there is nothing on the line. While others will play their heart out for nothing more than the pure competitive spirit of it. Nothing is wrong with either viewpoint, in my opinion. Personally, I fall into the latter category. I am an EXTREMELY competitive person and I will play every game/match with the same intensity and focus as if I was playing Cory Deuel in the Desert Shootout. With nothing on the line, I will still show you ALL my heart. I just don't care. I want to win, money or no money. But I may be in the minority when it comes to this issue. I can certainly understand the other side of the story as well. Some people need to see something at the end and be rewarded for their efforts... nothing wrong with that.

But I will say that playing on a live stream definitely increases the intensity and desire to win, regardless of what is on the line. The idea of having hundreds of people watching you play over the course of say 5 or 6 hours, is a strong motivation to not look like an ass (trust me, I know ;))... and most certainly will add a level of pressure to your match. I've personally felt this pressure playing on live streams and playing in spectator-paid tournaments where the level of play is expected to be very high. But I've also experienced similar pressure in playing five hundred dollars a set. To me they are of different types, but nonetheless, it is all still pressure. I guess it's relative to what is most imporant to the person playing.

Good luck with whomever you match up with.

Ray
The live stream couldn't be that much pressure Ray,you didn't even know the camera was there,lol,you took the whole thing down you were so in the zone. :p

Bad Company

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Lenny said:
Trust me Jude,I have played for $100 a game many times before and it was nothing compared to the pressure I felt playing in front of a bunch of people online and also having the pressure to play well and win for your ego and reputation.If you get on one of these online matches I think you might feel some pressure you haven't felt before as you know everyone is watching and looking at your game and laughing at every mistake you make.Me and Brady did gamble cheaply but some people dont like to gamble and I respect that just like Ray did with Roger but dont think for one second my play will change when I play Wednesday,I dont like to lose and my pride means more then money.Most of these challenge matches will have a few bucks on the line for sure and a few will not.I heard you were a 9 from someone but if you want some action Wednesday then come to Kolbys and my friend Jay will play some cheap $50 sets with you or perhaps a longer race for a hundred or 2,he is a 9 and has his good and bad days.Bobby Emmons beat him the other day giving up the 7 out so there is another judge of his speed but he plays hard and is good action,if he catches a gear you might need to pull up. :p
Lenny, The only reason i brought this up is because I read King of Eights in the post and it reminded me of a tourny that Ron M ran not to long ago. Unfortuantly he only invited a select few that spent the most time in alexanders so I didn't get to play. Just thought it would be fun. As for playing for money, I beleive your T shirts say it all. As for me looking for action, I don't need to. I play so bad they line up as soon as I walk in the door of my own house...I have only been a eight about a year. I will play Jay when we run into eachother if he wants. Not trying to hijack your thread just having fun. Good luck in your match.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Fast Lenny said:

FL,
Definitely a lot of pressure here....good luck. In the unlikely event of a loss, will you be changing your screenname to ModerateSpeedLenny or MovingataReasonablePaceLenny???

Signed,
Indiana AZB 14.1 King (at least until my first match on Saturday)

Fast Lenny said:
Do you want to matchup with Jude?I know he is itching so make your proposal to him and you guys can work out the details.You guys can play Wednesday after me and Grindz do battle,play what you guys like for what you guys want and the table time from 7pm to close on Wednesday is only $10! :thumbup:

I sent jude a pm last tuesday asking him to play a few sets of races to 20 for 250 minimum and he did not reply until today. You said he is a 9 but then you say he is an 8 so which one is it? If he is a 9 then I want games on the wire or something like the last 2 but either way I said I will play him and he has yet to get back to me other than to ask me my name. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Bad Company

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
justabanger said:
I sent jude a pm last tuesday asking him to play a few sets of races to 20 for 250 minimum and he did not reply until today. You said he is a 9 but then you say he is an 8 so which one is it? If he is a 9 then I want games on the wire or something like the last 2 but either way I said I will play him and he has yet to get back to me other than to ask me my name. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I will be playing at clicks billiards today. I will be there in action but will more than happy to push that aside to play you.I am a eight. I was bumped about a year ago by Bull. I have gone two and out in every desert classic tour event I have played in. If this gives you any idea how I play. Look forward to meeting you..

Last edited:
Bad Company said:
I will be playing at clicks billiards today. I will be there in action but will more than happy to push that aside to play you.I am a eight. I was bumped about a year ago by Bull. I have gone two and out in every desert classic tour event I have played in. If this gives you any idea how I play. Look forward to meeting you..

I would rather play at kolby's only because that is the only place that I know out here and I like the tables there. I would like to do something on either thursday or friday and I will play at any place you want. I have not played in a while so give me a day or 2 to try to remember how to play. Will we be playing 9ball or 10ball?
PS: telling me that you have gone 2 and out in every desert classic event does not tell me much considering the guys that play on that tour are monsters! I am a weak 8 like I said and I have played maybe 5 or 6 times in the last 6 years but if you are an 8 then we can play even.

Bad Company

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
justabanger said:
I would rather play at kolby's only because that is the only place that I know out here and I like the tables there. I would like to do something on either thursday or friday and I will play at any place you want. I have not played in a while so give me a day or 2 to try to remember how to play. Will we be playing 9ball or 10ball?
PS: telling me that you have gone 2 and out in every desert classic event does not tell me much considering the guys that play on that tour are monsters! I am a weak 8 like I said and I have played maybe 5 or 6 times in the last 6 years but if you are an 8 then we can play even.

I can only get out and play tuesdays and thursdays.And like I said in recent post I have action all day long at clicks.So I will be there on thursday.The tables are the same as kolbys with exception to the really tight ones . I also get free pool there so a bonus for both of us. 9 or 10 ball is fine with me..

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
If you guys do end up playing at Kolbys let me know and I will set up and stream it. :smile:
As for an 8's round robin style I will talk to a few people and get some guys together,so we have me,Jude,Justin.Anyone else who is an 8 wants in on this? :smile:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
FL,
Definitely a lot of pressure here....good luck. In the unlikely event of a loss, will you be changing your screenname to ModerateSpeedLenny or MovingataReasonablePaceLenny???

Signed,
Indiana AZB 14.1 King (at least until my first match on Saturday)

That's just too funny!

All right boys and girls :smile: I may be old and blind and shakey, but you better watch your v cash closely as I can play a little.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

td

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
V Cash.....woof

I don't know how to set up a V bookie for this event, but I'm betting it all.
All my V cash on me, including a full v air barrell. No need to V post. :smile:

We'll settle up in V land after it's over. Just post up what you want to v bet. And for all of you who don't know what the heck the v stands for it is "virtual" as in cyberspace.

Any Fast Lenny backers out there?

td