View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-15-2006, 07:08 AM

I think its coz the thought is more spectators will come out for the big matches, being the weeked and all. More participants can come out on the weekend too tho, that needs to be remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Rosenstock
I have to ask:

Why is every tour in this country compelled to start competitions in the middle of the week so that they end Sunday night instead of starting them at the beginning of a weekend and having it end Tuesday or Wednesday?

I mean, the professional player does not care if it's Monday, Wednesday or Saturday. There is no work-week for them. But the remaining 50-75% of the field that DOES have a job would like it if they could just take a normal weekend and call-in-sick if they make it to the 3rd day. It's just a crummy way to burn up one's vacation time.

I'm just curious if there's some ridiculously obvious logic that I'm missing because every tour does it and there's not a weekend-warrier out there that likes it.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function