View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
Jude Rosenstock
AzB Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-15-2006, 08:28 AM

I understand the spectator argument but I think that may only apply for certain venues. In New York City, for example, the vast-majority of people who come to watch the finals are from New York City. They'll be here on Monday or Friday. The increased turn-out has more to do with the importance of the match rather than the fact it's a weekend.

If you look at other sports such as The World Series, there is no interest whatsoever in having Game 4 on Friday or Tuesday. The way they see it, they're going to get a high turn-out for those games no matter what.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I do understand this principal but where does it come from? Nobody bothers trying it the other way around, EVER.

Cue: Schon with OB shaft
Twitter: @JudeRosenstock