Did YouTube relax its background music bans on pool videos?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've uploaded a few ghost videos in 2015, and youtube would mute them, because I had music playing in the background. Since then, I've been muting them myself before uploading.

Yesterday, I tried again, this time with Metallica playing in the background, the whole album. Youtube didn't give me any trouble.

Did they relax their ban on background music? Or did their bots not find my video yet?

Anyone have experience with this?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Background music caused some of mine to have copyright claims, however they were not muted, only monetized by the music companies. I just checked and those claims are still active. They would take a few days to appear, although sometimes they were instant.

If it's still a question later I'll try to take some footage on Sunday with music in the background and see what it does.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For several years there were 9 ball challenge matches uploaded to youtube from a bar here in Wichita. Over 100 were posted and are still there. However, the audio was muted on several by request and the videos affected contain a message as such. This was due to the juke box playing in the background.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never got into Megadeath but I learned something new today. I didn't know he was the original lead guitar for Metallica. Thanks for making me smarter. :wink:

AKA Noah Buddy

Man! You are missing out.
Check out tornado of souls

Also megadeth's mechanix (same music as metallicas 4horsemen). Not engineered as well as his later stuff, but still badass.

Current megadeth seems to suck though :shrug:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idear how the licensing and royalties work on youtube, but with that said why would anyone care about some shifty background music ( as in clarity not content ) when you can just go on there and look up the same song and get dozens of crystal clear music anytime ya want?

I've uploaded a few ghost videos in 2015, and youtube would mute them, because I had music playing in the background. Since then, I've been muting them myself before uploading.

Yesterday, I tried again, this time with Metallica playing in the background, the whole album. Youtube didn't give me any trouble.

Did they relax their ban on background music? Or did their bots not find my video yet?

Anyone have experience with this?

The music will not be muted until the copyright owner of the music in your video reports it to youtube, and then the video gets muted by youtube. I might be wrong, but that has been my experience. Sometimes it never gets reported.

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Metallica is probably making money from you the way they have it set up now. In other words, you just became a Metallica employee, earning $0.00 per hour.