Thread: Rolls
View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
Rickw
AzB Silver Member
Rickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond reputeRickw has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-21-2003, 01:47 PM

Laura,

When a player shoots to make a shot and accidently misses the shot leaving the other player without a makeable, this is considered a roll. Conversely, when a player purposely misses a shot in order to hook his/her opponent, this is a good defensive shot. There ae hustlers out there that can make a hook look like a roll. Some people can tell the difference depending on the skill of the hustler and the experience and astuteness of their opponent. One of the earlier posts by 1-P suggested that the guy I was playing knew what he was doing. I might not have disagreed with him if I didn't know the player. Does this make sense to you?

Rick W.