Wildest Bet Made Over A Game

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
This from the What's The Worst thread got me thinking...

Worst thing I ever did was to lose my first decent 2 piece cue in a 9 ball game in a small town GA poolroom. It was a National/Gandy HC145 and I've looked for another one off and on for 45 years. I later bought my roommate's HC140 but it was never the same.

What's the craziest thing you've won or lost over a game?

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At a bar I used to mess around in it was common for the local yocals (all friendly drinkers) to play each other for their shoes. Mainly if they walked to the bar. Then when they beat the guy out of his shoes they'll throw them up on the wire ore phone line like a trophy so they d have to walk home barefoot and see there shoes on the wire every time they went back!!! Pretty hilarious

dnbnt

Just a little "stituos"
Silver Member
Damn, now I know why those shoes were hanging on the lines outside 1 of the places I shoot at (3 pairs of not cheap nike, adidas, reeboks).

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
A guy and I bet each other that the loser could not speak inside the pool hall for a month, with a $1000 penalty

I won, he stayed home for the whole month.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jimmy Mataya bet his LIFE over a football game. TRUE STORY! He bet his last $20,000 on the Chicago Bears to win and if they lost he was committing suicide, and he really would have done it!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Jimmy Mataya bet his LIFE over a football game. TRUE STORY! He bet his last $20,000 on the Chicago Bears to win and if they lost he was committing suicide, and he really would have done it!

And some people admire this guy?????????

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
5K against your title to your 8 yr old Cadillac. When it ended....the vin # did NOT match :). LOL

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy of mine took a bad beating one day in the pool hall (lost a lot). He said he will never set foot in a pool hall again. I was there and offered to bet him he would. We bet $100. I still haven't seen him in a pool hall, but he needs to die to win that bet!

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once lost a fiance. :embarrassed2:
So what happened was, I chose to
gamble instead of going to her family's
holiday dinner.
Thought I'd be done with
plenty of time to spare, but this dude ended up
going off big.
I chose to stick with the winning streak,
because I was living off of pool at the time.
She was way too hot to put up with my bs. Lol.
Boy, did I learn a lesson about life.
Take the money and run!
I've changed quite a bit since my younger days.
Can't always go chasing a thrill...

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I was about age 14 I beat one of the local guys on his own table at 8 ball. I won about $4 cash and 3 or 4 gallons of soda pop syrup in jugs. I had a hell of a time transporting those things home and then had no real use for the stuff.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
"Local Bar bet":
There was one local (sort of a bum) always trying to play for drinks. Lived in an abandoned shack with no utilities. Not a bad shot - and a nice enough guy, but still a bit on the "dirty bum" side. One guy who was a good player agreed to play the bum. Even bought him a drink first ... then said:

"If I win - you take a bath." (and a bath was had. :))

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my buddy and i went hustlin in 1967
i won two 1967 triumph bonneville motorcycles off the show room
one was purple and white,one was purple ,and gold

both beautiful

we were so happy,the fun we had
we would get together and ride and ride

most of the time it was money,we won a bunch of willie hoppe pool cues
a vespa scooter andsome golf clubs
but the motorcylces remain my favorite

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
About 20 years ago a good old fashioned get out of town match (ala Wrestling). $500 + his cues and you can't come back to the hall against an a$$ clown that nobody could stand. On my side it was just my cues and get lost because my kit was worth more. Race to 13 - 9 ball. Gave him the wild 8 and all the breaks.

Everyone hated this idiot and a loud cheer went through the place when he lost 13-7. Bye Bye dumby. He welched on the bet and came back 3 months later with new stuff. Never bothered me again. It was fun listing to everyone tease him. What are you doing here?

Attachments

• WWE-Icon-Series-Macho-Man-Randy-Savage-Statue-012.jpg
    WWE-Icon-Series-Macho-Man-Randy-Savage-Statue-012.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 282

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posted so far, a lot of great stories! I just started playing again after 25 years without touching a cue and it's like an addiction all over again.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

It'd be tough to believe that Mataya would bet his life on the Chicago Bears.

Especially since he's from Michigan. Now the Lions on the other hand...