View Single Post
Old
  (#52)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-25-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie dog View Post
I have tried both and I might be better pool player with the piston stroke. I realize this drops the elbow and moves the shoulder but we've got to choose which one. I know a lot of schools and instructors only want the pure pendulum stroke. Please tell us what you use and why.
I've been told I use both.... depending on the shot of course. I really dont think about to tell you the truth. I could really, honestly say which type I use most often.

I'll tell you what I can say:

For a while now, I've been beating the total crap out of some "students" of a certain instructor that teaches that you keep your elbow froze in time..... lol.

Why worry about your elbow, it's not worried about you.... is it?

Look, do this and you will be fine with elbow drop or not:

Buy a quality table, cue and balls. Then practice shooting balls into the holes. Then practices shooting balls into other balls that go into the holes. Then practice kicking and banking balls around the table. Then learn to draw and follow the OB with the CB. Then learn to spin the CB and OB around with control.

There, after you can do all that chit over, over and over again, well..... ::::::::

YOU CAN GO GIVE LESSONS!!!!!

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?