Had to miss a tournament because of work

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing really here but I want others to feel sad, so spend the rest of the weekend trying to feel like that happened to you.

I also remembered to bring my cue so I did not have to drive home first, now it's in the car missing me :(

Even the ram shot guy gets a new cue and I have to fix stupid things that stupid people did to mess things up.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing really here but I want others to feel sad, so spend the rest of the weekend trying to feel like that happened to you.

I also remembered to bring my cue so I did not have to drive home first, now it's in the car missing me :(

Even the ram shot guy gets a new cue and I have to fix stupid things that stupid people did to mess things up.

I will commiserate in solidarity with the working man.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where is there a Friday-night tournament in MA?
Details, please.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes, my deepest, heartfelt condolences on this very sad occasion.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Now you’re sounding like you’re actually addicted to playing pool....:eek:

Reminds me of the guy who was explaining to his buddy why he couldn’t go to the racetrack
with him...”My wife blew the money on the groceries.”

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
True story

I had to pass on an invite by SVB to go to the pool room with him the night he first played Dippy Dave. My Youngest son was at a football kicking camp and his competition was the following morning at 8:00 am sharp.

I would not have changed a thing if I could do it over again....but it still stings a bit.:embarrassed2:

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell I wish I could just miss one weekend. I do all 40 hours Friday Saturday and Sunday. So I missed most tournaments.Sorry if I don’t cry for you LOL

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez think of all the trnmnts you can play because you work:p
Sorry if thats too real 4 some.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Work; a 4 letter word that doesn't have to be fun.
But has to be done.

Most slackers should remember they dont have to work, they get to work.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Work; a 4 letter word that doesn't have to be fun.
But has to be done.

Most slackers should remember they dont have to work, they get to work.

I try to tell myself that all the time. The problem is I only went to school until 8th grade and then had all the next years completely free to do whatever until I joined the army at 20. Then a few years later, with my newly acquired skills I was off and running again..traveling the country without a real job. This went on until...of course...I hooked up with a lady love and she got pregnant...mmhmm. Fun officially over.

I had planned to spend about 2 years with them and then continue my rolling ways but lo and behold, I realized I couldn’t leave my little scamp in such hands. This was not a chick I would’ve purposefully chosen to procreate with you see. And my assessment of her was correct as she ran off Into the ether.

So there I was, a simple DJ (not really, I don’t even like music lol) with all kinds of talents and skills...none of them suited to real work. I could no longer risk my royal person each day as I had for so long, since I had his little kid that I needed to look out for.

I worked changing oil, landscaping (omfg..I already don’t like the heat but that job turned me into a hermit just about), a soup factory (again...upper 90’s with sauna like humidity and a freakin hair net on my shaved head), random helper to many different trades, welder. All these things, except for the welding position I just hated. Ugh. Work...who needs it am I right?

Luckily I was born with a high IQ. No one would ever guess I’ve got an 8th grade education...unless you try to advanced math me. I don’t even know what the symbols mean so no way I can Intuit my way through that. It took a while but I finally got an interview where I convinced someone to let me in an office job lol. It almost isn’t even a job! I talk to people and order things and make sure stuff is going well with these construction projects etc etc. it’s stressful but not “hard”. Salary and benefits and all the good stuff.

I know exactly how lucky I am to be there but all the time I’m still thinking about how this is the only one time ever I’ll get to live on the giant floating rock the hurtles through space. Will I really feel better about my time here if I work hard and subscribe to the American dream? I always planned on being gone by 30 but again...the little scamp came along ;)

So now...a brotha is 32 and a working stiff. Do I get to work or have to work? I just don’t know. I do have 3 or 4 lifetimes worth of memories in my slightly addled brain, so I feel I did something right.

Wow...don’t mind me azb, just a subject I’ve got some feelings on hehe