View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
Seth C.
AzB Silver Member
Seth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-16-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
It is not a name worth buying.

Frankly, I would stop donating to Peter's event if he started to claim that it was an actual world championship without actually having a WPA sanction.
I would like to think that, with the apparent demise of the Williams event (which had a HOF component), the apparent demise of the DCC straight pool challenge, and the failure of the reincarnated US Open straight pool event to go anywhere, Burrows’ event should be able to pull in whatever sponsor money was going to those events - from corporate (Simonis, etc.) to individual angel benefactors (recent and more remote in time, e.g., Dr. Fedak), to the straight pool nuts like those of us who frequent this forum. I am sure that Peter Burrows knocks on a lot of doors, but they are probably the same doors he’s been knocking on year after year (in no way am I being critical - it’s just the way things work).

There must be some good ideas for promotion of Burrows’ event. He has really done his part and more, and the event deserves the efforts of others. Crowdsourcing? Going to mega wealthy professional athletes in other sports who are known to love pool and could lend their name, directly contribute, and twist arms of friends and contacts? Other? Have any ideas, anyone? If so, please share! If enough $ can be raised, it can be a sanctioned event!