View Single Post
Old
  (#47)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
Not handicapped.
Then in several matches you should notice a difference. I've beaten players ranked better than me often, even. Does not mean that in a year the matches will end up being even, but a tournament or two it can happen.

Simple way to tell if one of your rankings is off. 550 is a B, can you run out on the ghost with ball in hand 8 or 9 balls to beat the ghost? If not, then 550 is right for you. Can your 650 friend? If he can't, then 650 is too high for him. I circle the 550 ranking, been within 20 points of that pretty much since I got into the Fargo system. I can beat the 7 ball ghost but not sure if I can the 8 ball ghost. That is the right speed for a B+, which matches my Fargo pretty well. I've had a few 2 and 3 pack 9 and 8 ball runs, but very few. I can run out a rack of 8 or 9 ball a few times a night in a tournament. Again, in line with B, B+ play. If you can do better, say you run a 2 pack every night or run out every 3rd game, then you are too low in Fargo.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!