View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

07-09-2019, 05:00 PM

Well, I feel almost that social media, and the internet in general, has taken players away from the game. Even die-hards would now often rather stay at home and watch a stream, rather than go to a physical pool hall and play.

So, I commend this effort to try to use internet/social media to improve participation in actual play.

There were a couple of other apps that tried this, and I don't think they had any success. It will be interesting if this one catches on. I vote no, and mostly because pool players are loners, and don't want to be part of any team or any league obligation. That is why there is such a disconnect between the "players" in a room and the "league members".

The other part of this whole particular app, brought up by Russ, is the pyramid scheme aspect of it. Whether it is or is not, who knows. But, every "player" I ever met knows these schemes inside and out

IMO