View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-01-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
If you play the ghost even it will keep you at the edge of your ability and always be a challenge. Some people find that too stressful. Your way of needing to beat him like a rented mule before moving on to a tougher level will be more comfortable for such people. I think in general it's better to practice in situations that are not in your comfort zone.
You've misunderstood me. I'm not saying you need to continually beat the ghost "like a rented mule". I'm saying you should set a scoring goal of winning at least 8 games for every 2 losses. No different than practicing a particular shot until you are consistently 80% or better at successfully executing it. This style of racing the ghost gives players the confidence of knowing their limitations when faced with a 4, 5, 6 or 9 ball runout.

Of course the goal should be just out of reach, just out of your comfort zone but not so challenging that it seems hopeless. The comfortable goal of simply beating the ghost regardless of the score gives one the false confidence that they can get out more often than they really can. Setting a particular score goal before progressing from 3 balls to 4, or 4 to 5 or 6 or whatever, makes it more challenging than just saying you have to beat the ghost. It's definitely pushing the limits beyond the comfort zone.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist