Tiger Emerald Green Cue Tip - wow

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This last June of 2012, I done a trade, the cue I received was an old Schon SP-49. I started hitting a few balls and the cue had an extra gear and ended up playing about four hours as it was just fun. A couple weeks ago, replaced the tip with a outstanding name brand layer tip and lost the excitement of the hit I had enjoyed for six months. Luckily, I had discussed this with my buddy who replaces ferrules and tips and he saved what was left of the tip and done some research as it was green. His opinion was that it appeared it was a Emerald Green tip by Tiger Products. Well, I sent the tip to them with a letter asking them if they could identify the tip remains I had sent them and they had no doubt it was their Emerald Tip. Picking up a handful of them, ran in last night to my buddy's place and he took off the week old new layered brand tip and put the Emerald on for me, came home and the first shot I took, knew instantly, he was right and Tiger Products was correct, the old tip was indeed the Green Tiger Emerald Cue Tip. Thank Goodness for hogs !!! as the Green Emerald Tip is made with pig leather. Part of my practice routines include a particular draw shot that normally allows me to perform about a 10 foot draw shot with my cue ball one diamond away from a object ball. This tip put another 3 foot on the same shot with the same power draw shot. If I would clean the ball set I have and had good new fast cloth on my table, I have no doubt this shot would further with this tip !! I am using championship cloth, about two years old and with the appearance of my bridge hand from being on the table, needs to be vacumed as well. The great thing with this tip is that when your put into those x amount of shots that your not sure if you can get out of a situation, this tip is allowing me to get that extra 25 % action when needed, or as I first stated, another gear. In my opinion, this tip is priced very well, did not mushroom and was very consistent thru out the six months I played with the last one. If your a player who may not have developed a good draw shot or good follow shot yet, this tip will certainly help. This tip is known as a Medium Hard Tip and not a soft tip as on long shots, the cue stays to it's path very well.
I personally want to thank the Tiger Products in-house folks for their time in doing some work for me evalutating the tip remains I sent to them. I am so relieved and happy that I have not lost part of my game that showed up at my door after 26 years of shooting pool. Awesome- GO HOG-GO GREEN- Go Tiger Emerald Green !!
Thanks Much

I saved a scan of what I sent in to Tiger Products, lol.

Attachments

• TIGER-Emerald.jpg
    TIGER-Emerald.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4,351
  • green tip off of schon sent to tiger.jpg
    green tip off of schon sent to tiger.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 3,891

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 for Emerald tips.

My Pechauer came with one and in the last 9 months of use it's always held chalk well with no scuffing and needed reshaping once or twice. Nice feel on hit and they are cheap to boot.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
nice, I only use emerald green tips. Kamui's are garbage, which is why they have the gator scuffer thing because the tip glazes over after a few shots, and also why they have that horrible chalk that leaves grime all over the cue ball and everything else it touches. moori tips are ok but wayyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. if its not an emerald, ill take elkmaster ot triangle all day.

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emerald

I love Emerald tips! Great chalk retention, and greater cue ball control. Whenever my customers can't make up their mind - I just install one of these. They are always more than pleased with the results.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like them, very good, underrated tip. I seriously think the color puts people off. I've recommended them to people several times and most balk at the color. Brian.