J. Flowers Tribute Cases

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
In repsonse to emails and PM's about how to order these I have put up a temporary guide found here.

How to order a J.Flowers case

Ordering is pretty easy, you just have to make the following choices. The following things are standard at no extra charge, choice of tooling pattern, choice of colors, choice of handle and strap position, choice of interior type and color. Made for (your name) stamped on the case. Jump butt compartment on lower pocket.

Options that incur extra charges are tooling names and other designs on the case, different types of construction, different sized pockets.

Please answer the following questions when you order.

1. Which Size case do you want? we have 1x1 to 4x8 and larger on request.
2. Which style of interior do you want? Individual Tubes or Single Tube with Fabric/Foam dividers.
3. Which tooling pattern do you want? Flower Style, Cigar Style, or none.
4. Would you like the handle on the right or left (as seen when the case is facing you) if not specified then it's on the right.
5. Do you want your name stamped below the serial number? (example: made for John Smith)

We offer two styles of interior. Individual tubes (T) and Ultra Padded fabric and foam divided sections (U).

Pricing:
1x1/1x2 - $250
2x2/2x3 - $300
2x4/2x5/3x4 - $325
3x5/3x6 - $350
4x8 - $375

Name on Back - +$50
Name on Front Lid - +25
Name on Shoulder Pad - +$25
Font Choice - Free
You may substitute logos for names or have any combination thereof. We will not put cue maker's names or logos on the case unless we know that the the cue maker has given permission. If the work you want will incur extra time then we will quote you accordingly.

Please go to Color Options to choose colors. We will try to do any combination of colors you want at no extra cost.

Thanks for reading. This will save me from having to type it all in each time someone asks. :)
2008-025a-F.jpg

Last edited:

KeeFy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
What do you want to know?

I'll list out a few of my personal favourites / dislikes of the case.

Upside:

1. With the soft interior, and the cue inserted bumper down, the cue butt does not rattle or move at all! This is really the best part of the case, turning the case upside down with the lid open will not allow your cues to drop out or even slide a little out of the slot, but yet it's easy to remove!

2. Solidly built. You think instrokes (originally by jb) are tough? Think again! The leather he used/uses on the cases are twice as thick!

3.Very comfortable and thick shoulder pad for the sling.

4. Good workmanship

5. Jump butt compartment which some other custom makers don't have

6. Nice big pockets! You have no idea how much junk i've got crammed in there!

Downsides:

1. Slightly heavier due to the more solid leather, but not substantially. No difference if it's from the car to the pool hall.

2. Prefer the instroke clip and zip for the top pocket, but i guess it wouldn't be a flowers case if it had that clip.

3. Unable to fit a cueball in the case like a 2x4 instroke where u can put a cueball in at the top and cap it. That is if you need to carry a cue ball around due to the sucky cue balls we get over here. If you don't, then it's no big deal.

Overall, if you want protection for your cues, and have the case customised, this is the way to go. You probably can request extras to make stuff work the way you want it.

Last edited:

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
All on the upside for me. Got mine yesterday and it's perfect. These cases are awesome and a steal at this price. Thanks Again JB!

BigJohn

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
108   1   0
I've have 2, 1 I ordered for my brother for christmas, can't wait to give it to him, it's #31, mine is #12.

You can not find a case this well made, with custom features at this price. They are beautiful, sturdy/solid, people notice my case right away.

I have 2 Justis cases, had 4 Whittens, it's georges, instrokes. And for me, John Bartons cases are right up there with my Justis's, yes, Jack is a legend and those cases speak for them selves (not getting rid of mine any time soon) but for those who don't have $600+ to order a new one, and have it customized there is no better case than these.

I personaly never liked instrokes clasps,knobs, whatever you call them, too many people coming up to me at tournaments asking if I had replacements, or could fix them. And I love the J flowers/Justis style cases.

If I had to give 1 draw back, and I wouldn't want it changed, is the pocket depth, the zippers and my hands don't always get along. Other than this, they are pieces of affordable, functional art.

I love my brother, but if it weren't for the affordability of these cases, he'd be getting a gift certificate to the MEAT LOCKER.

THanks John,

John Barton J. Flowers tribute cases, The official case of FISHER CUES.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
bnall said:
I would like to hear some feedback on these cases.

I was the runner up in John's Contest to give away a Jay Flower Tribute Case, I won a 1 x 2 Jay Flower Tribute Case.
woohoo.gif

I asked John if he would allow me to upgrade the Case to a 2 x 4. John was kind enough to allow me to upgrade the Case to a 2 x 4, and pay a price difference.
woohoo.gif

My Case is Pictured Here, and was shipped out of Xiamen China on 12/18/2008 (Last Thursday) it was in my hands 12/22/2008 (this Past Monday) delivered by United Parcel Service. After they became the delivery company for TNT (John?s Shipper) for Arizona Freight. See Photo Below. After fining out I was a Winner, my final Order was placed Noverber 5, 2008. Delivery took just over 6 weeks.

John?s Staff Packed the Case well to protect it from the shipping company destroyers, and the Case came with a VERY NICE Cloth Draw String Bag no one else mentioned.
whistling.gif

Several FORUM Members have PMed me, and asked me for comment, & impression of the Jay Flowers Tribute Case. I Promise to do that after I can sit down, and do a hard look at the Case, and deliver an honest Critique.

First impression I have of my Case is it is a lot of Value for the Price. I ask that mine accommodate Cue Butts & Shafts Sections UP to 31-3/4 INCHES in Length. John Accomplish this as I have a Cue with RADIAL PIN, and JP that NEED that EXTRA LENGTH!

My case was originally to be a Dark Dark Brown with Tan Tooling, and Letters, but John and I made a CHANGE that apparently did not make it to his workers, and I got an e-mail from John, with pictures titled "See if this works" after looking at the pictures I said it will work, but believe if it had not work John would have done it over.

Honestly when I got the Case in my hands the CONTRAST between the Case Body Color, and Tooling/Letters Color was what I had envisioned. I did not want an extreme amount of contrast. Color me HAPPY.
woohoo.gif

Oh yes my Case is a 2 x 4, has the Black Plush Interior and a DRY/Empty Weight of 5# 15.4OZ. according to the Scale at the Post Office

As I said when I have a few hours to sit down, and do a proper Critique, and giving the Jay Flower Tribute Case a proper going over I will tell you everything that I can think of about the Case.

Thank you John Barton, and Staff for a job well done.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

NEVER GOT A BOX WITH SO MANY SHIPPING LABELS ON IT.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,274

shinigami

Consistently Inconsistent
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got mine yesterday and it looks even better in person than it does in pictures.

Nobody will be disappointed with these cases. Solidly built, interior that hugs your cues, nice simple design, it's exactly what I wanted and more.

Thanks JB, you made my Christmas this year!

sugeknight

I'm on a ROLL
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
dcc

Hi John,
I love these cases. I thought I missed the opportunity to get on at the introductory price, but am thrilled you are still offering.

How long will the intro price be good for? and will you be selling any at the DCC?

I plan on coming out from california this year.

Thanks ,
jeff

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
sugeknight said:
Hi John,
I love these cases. I thought I missed the opportunity to get on at the introductory price, but am thrilled you are still offering.

How long will the intro price be good for? and will you be selling any at the DCC?

I plan on coming out from california this year.

Thanks ,
jeff

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your perspective, we won't be selling any J.Flowers Cases at the DCC this year. We just didn't have enough time to do more than fill orders. We are possibly going to have a couple extra ready by the time DCC rolls around but I will list them on AZ.

The intro price will be good until we can roll these out in production numbers and start getting them out to the dealers. That is looking like it will start around March. Until then they are in "beta" so to speak and I am experimenting on each customer by tweaking and improving our process to make these. :)

Last edited:

Sompin2do

Boomer Sooner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
bnall said:
I would like to hear some feedback on these cases.

I got the 3x5 version http://www.jbcases.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7666 with tubes and my cues also stay put when the case is turned upside down.

Great workmanship, solid as a rock. Fit and finish is second to none. Mine is getting many favorable comments from friends. Figuring some will order. I make sure it's not out of my sight very long. Don't want it to "grow legs". It's already been said but they really are much better than the pictures show.

Don't have to worry about it tipping over if used to stand cues during play. One thing I really like is the lid design going to the side instead of bending back.

From start to finish the communication from John was outstanding. He responds to emails at all hours. Expert packaging to ensure safe delivery and the tracking was excellent. Nice touch on the cloth bag.

If you're thinking about a case purchase anytime in the near future don't pass up this extended introductory offer, you won't be disappointed.

Mike

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
John Barton's J. Flowers Tribute Case is topnotch. Everything was what I expected and even more. He was great to deal with. John, I'll be ordering another one just right after the holidays. My birthday is coming soon. Hope it makes it on time. ;)

I have 1 complaint only, the smell of my case was too much for my nose. Fortunately, it's been exiled to the poolhall. :)

Here is my case 2008-018. <-- Click on the link.

Last edited:

lefty84

thats my boy!!!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i have been emailing john briefly and his responses have been unbelievably fast and informative above and beyond what i expected. he even answered questions i hadnt asked yet lol. i will be ordering one one these cases after the holidays.

KeeFy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
lefty84 said:
i have been emailing john briefly and his responses have been unbelievably fast and informative above and beyond what i expected. he even answered questions i hadnt asked yet lol. i will be ordering one one these cases after the holidays.

Oh yes! I love the fact that John actually bothered to call just to tell me my case was shipped out! What fantastic customer service!

Free bump!!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
lefty84 said:

John understands Customer Service.;) Something many in business forget today.:sorry:

Last edited:

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
189   0   0
CocoboloCowboy said:
John understand Customer Service.;)
john nothing to do with your pricing which seems more them fair but does anyone know what jay was selling those he first made? was just wondering are you coming to the derby john?