Masonite, Mason TYPE Pool Cue Case

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My NEW Pool Cue Case arrived several weeks ago, and Masonite is what John Barton named this first ever Mason Type Pool Cue Case with a Little Extra Reinforcing for added Pool Cue Protection. The Mason line of Pool Cue Case was inspired by a fly fishing tool case done by master leather worker Arne Mason.

masonite-a1-f.jpg

What secret materials John used to give the Pool Cue Case that added protection up front behind the pockets, and to the rear part of the Cue Case is unknown, but rumor control has it that John created it, in his secret laboratoryin hhis work shop where John & his team of workers do most of the R & D, and tweaking of new ideas for Pool Cue Cases, and Pool related products John has developed.

If you look close at the photo below you will see the added protection up front behind the pockets, and to the rear part of the Pool Cue Case.

masonite-q-interior.jpg

If you want to see a gallery of all the photos of the JB Cases-Mason Type Pool Cue Case, <<<---they are linked here for your viewing pleasure. John has recently completed the FIRST Mason Type Pool Cue Case in 3 Butts X 6 Shafts configuration, and it looks awesome. Think he already posted pictures on the forum but if you missed them they are linked.

My Masonite Pool Cue Case is a 2 Butts x 4 Shafts Configuration, with a Zippered Jump Butt Compartment, with a Jump Butt Protective Sleeve for added protection incorporated in the Pool Cue Cases 18” Long Lower Pocket. That Long Lower Pocket has John’s SUPER NEATO “L” Shaped Zipper for ease of access, and it holds my 16” John Hager Extension with no problems. Plus the Masonite Pool Cue Case has John’s well padded compartments for each Cue Butt Section & each Cue Shaft Section to fit in snugly like a baby in a receiving blanket giving each Cue Butt Section & each Cue Shaft Section great protection.

Plus there is an 8” Upper Pocket with a built in Chalk/Joint Protector Holder, the Upper Pocket Incorporates Zippers running down each side of the Upper Pocket for easy access to the entire storage area, and uses a Puzzle Latch Closure on the top of the pocket. The Pool Cue Cases Top closure is also a Puzzle Latch closure on the Main/Top Cue access area.

I did ask John to make the Pool Cue Case’s (2) POCKETS a 1/4” deeper than his normal depth of 1-1/4”, and that extra 1/4” more depth worked out just great for storing a couple of item I carry creating no strain, or puffiness on the pockets.

The Pool Cue Case weighs in at a lean 5 Pounds, 6.0 Ounces including the detachable towel ring that weigh almost 2.0 Ounces buy it self. No I have no weighted the Case full with 2 Butts x 4 Shafts, and the junk I seem to always put in my Pool Cue Case.

John and I went back and forth on design, & features I wanted as I wanted in this Pool Cue Case light enough that I could use when I walk to our Community Pool Room that is about a Mile and a Third walk each way. So the Pool Cue Case did not beat me up on my trek. But still offers Great Cue Protection, and easy access, and room for what I carry beside Pool Cue Butts, and Shafts sections.

Plus I wanted simple design, no flash, no tooling, just function for what I wanted to carry, leather dyed a dark dark brown with some leather grain showing character, and good Pool Cue Protection. Everything I ask John for, John & his Team delivered, plus more.

John’s Non Slip Shoulder Pad design rocks IMHO as it don’t slip off your shoulder, and don’t harm clothing you are wearing, like my favorite $100.00 Tommie Bahama Hawaiian Shirts I pick up at a garage sale. The Non Slip Shoulder Pad could not work any better on a long walks IMHO.

I honestly think John, and his Team have hit a Home Run with the Masonite Pool Cue Case, I am one happy customer. John and his team of craftsmen & women pulled off another great project per my wishes, and honestly I think his team’s craftsmanship, construction, and attention to detail could not be any better.

I will also mention that the Zippers John uses in his Pool Cue Cases are for industrial use, and not some of the shall we say el crapo clothing grade you find in some Pool Cue Cases, that have a limited life expectancy. I have several friends now looking for someone to fix, or replace a broken zippers in a Pool Cue Cases with a clothing grade zipper.:angry:

I will honestly say if you have a idea for a Custom Pool Case with Logo, Artwork, Special Configured, etc., you would like to see come to see come life. I would highly recommend John, and his Team for your project, as they are more than capable of turning a simple ideas into Magic. Making suggestions on what functions', what don’t function. What works, what don’t work in Pool Cue Case design, and turning your ideas into great Pool Cue Case that offers as John’s web-site say, “The Protection Your Cue Needs™".

I will take the liberty again of giving John Barton, a new AKA. That being King of the Pool Cue Case Builders, as John is been at this Pool Cue Case Build thing over two decades, he is constantly reinventing Pool Cue Case Design, he can build about any style of Pool Cue Case, or any configuration of Pool Cue Case, and is constantly looking to do Pool Cue Cases that not only look great, but offer the best protection for Pool Cues.

I like to compare John’s Genius, or maybe his unorthodox approach to Pool Cue Case making with the great Walt Disney. As Walt dreamed of a magic place, did some scribbling on a table napkin when he first got the idea for the magic place, that places was for a place for his employees to unwind. When he first dreamed up the idea for what grew to a place for the public to unwind, and is now know as Disneyland the Magic Kingdom.

John Barton today like Walt Disney before his death was not satisfied with what he had done before, or in the past, I think both of these creative guys minds never stopped working 24 x 7 x 365 dreaming up the next new idea, to incorporate in a Pool Cue Cases, or the Magic Kingdom called Disneyland.

Be it Custom, Semi Custom, or just a darn good production leather Pool Cue Case like John's aka JB Cases-Jay Flowers Tribute Case, I would consider looking at what JB Cases is offering for sale now. Or a consider a JB Cases, Jay Flowers Tribute Series, IMHO a lot of Bang For Your Buck. Available from from either IndyQShop or Sterling Gaming/CueSight two John’s dealers stocking the Jay Flowers Tribute Pool Cue Cases.

If you have any more questions about this Pool Cue Case, or what John Barton and his team can create, I suggest you look at the JB Cases, aka John's Barton's Web Site.

If you got questions e-mail Karen Barton, John's wife who is dealing with most of the correspondence for JB Cases now. She replies in a day or two to most e-mails, and remember CHINA is about 12-14 hours later in the day than most paces the U.S.A. When it High Noon Tuesday in Arizona, it is 3:00 AM Wednesday Morning in Xiamen, China.

**But I believe as OF MAY 21st, according to JB Cases, AZ Billiards Signature Line, until further notice JB Cases is NOT taking any more direct custom orders. But you may order through IndyQShop or Sterling Gaming/CueSight who are JB Cases Dealers and, will take those orders.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
A beautiful, harmonious and "simple" retro-design, effective, love it! :thumbup:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti