Why is it,

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When someone at a bar gets really hammered that they can break and run out the table,but like 2 hours earlier could hardly make a shot?
Seen a guy do that and most watching were like wtf after 4 in a row.
Any ideas?Can it just be luck?

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
It's because his subconscious knows what to do, but when sober, his conscious mind constantly gets in the way and sabotages him.

neil is 1000% correct.....

kinda like a drunk getting in a wreck.....he's the one that wont die b/c he has no control over his body so he flops around free with it.....the sober guy resists the movement and breaks every bone in his body.

-Grey Ghost-

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But...

If he played pool for long enough then he's bound to run a rack eventually.

The blind squirrel finds a nut...

DWoods6354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why?

The little voice inside thier head (usually telling them how hard a shot is) is off at the bar hitting on the girls...

Know a couple of guys that can't hit a lick sober - but when lit... watch out.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
It's because his subconscious knows what to do, but when sober, his conscious mind constantly gets in the way and sabotages him.

Exactly. Some people suffer from "performance anxiety" and don't do well in the presence of others. When the alcohol takes over, it dulls the senses and removes these inhibitions.

Maniac

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Exactly. Some people suffer from "performance anxiety" and don't do well in the presence of others. When the alcohol takes over, it dulls the senses and removes these inhibitions.

Maniac

thats basically in the same league

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
LOL, just lock 'em down with a great safety and see how many times they run out.....I'll tell you, maybe 1 in 100. More than likely they will want to fight when you put them in jail. I like my odds against "hammered" players.

Edit: I see you said break and run. Luck, nothing more. The shot selection of hammered players follows no rhyme or reason, just blind ass luck.

Last edited:

ridinda9

AKA: Sandy Bagger
Silver Member
LOL, just lock 'em down with a great safety and see how many times they run out.....I'll tell you, maybe 1 in 100. More than likely they will want to fight when you put them in jail. I like my odds against "hammered" players.

Edit: I see you said break and run. Luck, nothing more. The shot selection of hammered players follows no rhyme or reason, just blind ass luck.

how ya gonna play safe from the chair ? there ain't no "safe" against a break & run !