Saw the 12-Ball Ghost get ripped a new one!

T

Timberly

Does "your boy" have a name? There's plenty of action in FL.... I'm sure you'll have no problem finding some takers...

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

he sounds awesome.but table conditions have a lot to do with it.example in baton rouge a year ago i beat the 12 ball ghost 25 ahead in 5-6 hours on that gold crown up front in bayou billiards.i was even playing it to where i had to run the table clean.but then this year in vegas i lost playing 6 ahead for two thousand,but the table was brutal.i kind of thought i could not beat it on that table.but on a easy table its a hanger to rob that game for me or any other top player.

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lets gamble

Corey is in Hollywood right now. How will he match up with him??? Let me know and I'll put Corey in.

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
efren who?

I am not trying to start a pissing contest. You said you were looking for some action and I suggested that Corey would play him some. I know playing even isnt fair, and I wasnt suggesting that. I am sure they are friends, but I know Corey will play, and I am sure Robb would play some too. What kind of spot does he want??? If he doesnt want to match up, thats cool too. I am bored and feel like gambling.

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
billychips said:
I am not trying to start a pissing contest. You said you were looking for some action and I suggested that Corey would play him some. I know playing even isnt fair, and I wasnt suggesting that. I am sure they are friends, but I know Corey will play, and I am sure Robb would play some too. What kind of spot does he want??? If he doesnt want to match up, thats cool too. I am bored and feel like gambling.

Wait a minute, Robb with two "b"s seems to imply Robb Saez. But from the opening post in this thread, how could it be Robb Saez? The poster said "Rob[sic?] was talking about how good he used to play." Unless he gave up the game and aged 20 years in the last 6 months, that wouldn't make much sense, would it?

Also, is Robb Saez's nickname "the big hurt"?

- Steve

T

Timberly

ARM9BALLER said:
How would Rob match up with Robb? Maybe I can bring him down there?
Don't bother.... I'm sure Robb will just want the nuts and end up sitting at the bar talking to other road players because no one can ever match up a game because they can't get the nuts. I'm also sure it will be Robb and the road players wanting the nuts, not the local players.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
AZE said:
Rob is going threw some personal issues right now. I'm thinking he might need a week or two.
I'm also sure Rob and Corey know their game, so I can't really speak on that either.

Let you know when he's back.

Robs been on that end of Corey's wrath before...he's been there done that. I'm not sure if Rob would want you setting up games for him either...unless your the stake of course. You might wanna consult him before running the smack cause there is a few guys in Florida that might want some...I'm friendly with Rob and I'm not a non-believer, I'm just offering some older dude advice to a younger one.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the locals aren't gamblig with each other I doubt they will "gamble"
with road guys.
T-Rex must have really been gambling!

I guessing its Melrose that he is talking about. If I was there he could get action on that 12 ball ghost and I would make sure to move the kids.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
he sounds awesome.but table conditions have a lot to do with it.example in baton rouge a year ago i beat the 12 ball ghost 25 ahead in 5-6 hours on that gold crown up front in bayou billiards.i was even playing it to where i had to run the table clean.but then this year in vegas i lost playing 6 ahead for two thousand,but the table was brutal.i kind of thought i could not beat it on that table.but on a easy table its a hanger to rob that game for me or any other top player.
Don't you think the rack makes more difference than the table? Balls fly in all over in twelve ball when they are frozen. Eleven can be harder, imo.

Do you kill the 15-ball ghost on easy tables too? I've seen Earl and Efren break for an hour at a time on easy but unfamiliar slow nap tables and never run the first rack of 15 ball. Of course, they weren't taking ball in hand though, lol! And Efren did break and run 3 that one time and then unscrew his cue...

unknownpro

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
everything involved..... stinks.

Last edited:

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

unknownpro said:
Don't you think the rack makes more difference than the table? Balls fly in all over in twelve ball when they are frozen. Eleven can be harder, imo.

Do you kill the 15-ball ghost on easy tables too? I've seen Earl and Efren break for an hour at a time on easy but unfamiliar slow nap tables and never run the first rack of 15 ball. Of course, they weren't taking ball in hand though, lol! And Efren did break and run 3 that one time and then unscrew his cue...

unknownpro
no i dont kill the 15ball ghost,but the twelve ball is fairly hard on say 4.5 pockets.now gabe owen i believe took 3to2 on the money per rack and broke even,and i think hes a great player.if i could pick the table i would play the 15 ball ghost with 4 to 1 on the money per rack and it would be close.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
unknownpro said:

unknownpro

John has a straight pool run of over 400 balls WOW!! :eek:
That just freaks me out!! I couldn't imagine that he would have a really hard time with any ghost. Isn't there some magical place that you reach when you can get to 400+? Doesn't that make you like a SITH LORD? You have to have a little bit of the dark side to do that. I have seen John play quite a few times and I would never ever bet against him, I couldn't. Even if everything inside me told me that he was going to get killed, when a played can reach that level, he can beat just about any game. It just depends on his head on that given day.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
no i dont kill the 15ball ghost,but the twelve ball is fairly hard on say 4.5 pockets.now gabe owen i believe took 3to2 on the money per rack and broke even,and i think hes a great player.if i could pick the table i would play the 15 ball ghost with 4 to 1 on the money per rack and it would be close.
Thanks for the honest answer, I was afraid you were going to say it was easy and I might have to change my career plans!

Did you mean Gabe took 3to2 playing 12 ball?

I've heard of Corey beating 12 ball on some fairly easy tables in Atlanta, but the only top player I've seen playing the ghost was Alex a while back on JOB's Diamond. He played 10-ball and was down the first 3 5 ahead sets before he came back with 15 games in a row. I couldn't believe anyone was betting against him.

I still think the rack makes more difference than the table. I have played ahead of it for a while with both hands on 4" pockets with a perfect rack. But I'm not sure I could beat it on any table with a bad rack.

unknownpro