Kudos to Earl Strickland

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Earl is showing the world just how good he can be as he's really making the 10 ft Brunswick look relatively easy. And as rusty as Efren looks, the length of the table hasn't really been an issue for him either. Efren had his chances, but he needed Earl to not run out so often!

Anyway, for those that didn't see the stream, or didn't quite hear it, or missed it between choppiness...

At one point near the end of the match after Earl had a brilliant safety or kick (there were so many), Earl said to the crowd while they were cheering, "any of these things you see me doing here are because of him," as he pointed to Efren.

I don't know if he thought that maybe the crowd might not understand that he was paying a huge compliment to the Magician, but he followed up with, "I've learned a ton from that man."

Say what you will about Earl Strickland (because frankly, he brings it upon himself), but there is no question ever where his heart is.

Freddie <~~~ still an Earl fan

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
He wears his heart on his sleeve. Lots of class on his part to continue to appreciate Efren, and perhaps, their famous rivalry, which only improved the game incredibly. Earl is still aces in my book, I love watching him play.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is showing the world just how good he can be as he's really making the 10 ft Brunswick look relatively easy. And as rusty as Efren looks, the length of the table hasn't really been an issue for him either. Efren had his chances, but he needed Earl to not run out so often!

Anyway, for those that didn't see the stream, or didn't quite hear it, or missed it between choppiness...

At one point near the end of the match after Earl had a brilliant safety or kick (there were so many), Earl said to the crowd while they were cheering, "any of these things you see me doing here are because of him," as he pointed to Efren.

I don't know if he thought that maybe the crowd might not understand that he was paying a huge compliment to the Magician, but he followed up with, "I've learned a ton from that man."

Say what you will about Earl Strickland (because frankly, he brings it upon himself), but there is no question ever where his heart is.

After I downloaded firefox I was able to enjoy the stream. Earl really played great and he really looks like he's in great shape. I'm not sure if Efren excercise's or not? Efren actually outbroke Earl but he didn't outplay him. That was a class move by Earl to give the crowd that info during the match about learning from Efren. The comment came after he killed the cueball on an extreme cut on the 8 ball to hold for the 9. Efren is jumping up when there are pressure moments. You don't really see Earl jump up on shots. The difference in the match so far is Earl has made Efren pay for his mistakes. Excellent play by both players and I thoroughly enjoyed both nights!!!

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
That comment put a long time smile on my face. :thumbup:

Earl has been making the 10 footer look like a bar box. My goodness, he's been impressive. Efren has played exceptionally, with exception of the last handful of racks on Day 1 after "the kick". I love the sound of Efren's cue hit which is followed by the center pocket's sound. He's such a joy to watch.

Anyway, I challenged Earl on Facebook today. I offered on a 10 footer, 9 ball, no side pockets, that I get the zero and out. The wuss went silent (but he did "like" my comment). He's got no heart. ;)

Hey... Does anyone know if there's anything other than pride on the line tonight?

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So that's it, then? Earl acts polite and pays Efren a compliment and all the rude, spoiled brat-ish, obnoxious child-like behavior gets a little more palatable?

What idiots we are ---- always blaming his poor behavior on something he just can't help. Yet he seems to be able to control it very well when he wants to.

Yup. We're idiots.

Actually, I have to exclude myself, because I never bought into his narcissistic line of crap.

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Many including myself have said it before. When his meds are right and the moon and the stars align...Earl's High-High gear is like no other. Go watch the COM-Day2. You simply can't play better than that.

Nick

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Earl asked a couple years ago about his improved kicking game and he credited Efren.

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

So that's it, then? Earl acts polite and pays Efren a compliment and all the rude, spoiled brat-ish, obnoxious child-like behavior gets a little more palatable?

What idiots we are ---- always blaming his poor behavior on something he just can't help. Yet he seems to be able to control it very well when he wants to.

Yup. We're idiots.

Actually, I have to exclude myself, because I never bought into his narcissistic line of crap.

that needed said!

Bigdogbret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl must have been winning. Earl is often a gracvous winner, complementing his opponent. It is when things are not going well for Earl that he turns into the rude, borish, bad sportsman that so many of us find offensive.
Earl's talent has never been in question. It is his behavior that has hurt him and the game he loves.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl does bad things that result in lots of bad things being said about him.-------------------> Edit: JUST THIS IDIOTS OPINION <--------------------

I see no reason why when he makes a nice gesture good things aren't appropriate,

or should we only beat him to death on the negative?

Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post

Yup. We're idiots.

Last edited:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
that needed said!

Why? Because anyone here was not aware how Earl often acts? No, everyone is well aware of Earl and the way he acts often.

God forbid we ever get an autistic pro, or one with Tourette Syndrome, or some other mental disease that affects the way they act and that is beyond their control. Many of you will be right there to mention every little thing they do that you don't agree with.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why? Because anyone here was not aware how Earl often acts? No, everyone is well aware of Earl and the way he acts often.

God forbid we ever get an autistic pro, or one with Tourette Syndrome, or some other mental disease that affects the way they act and that is beyond their control. Many of you will be right there to mention every little thing they do that you don't agree with.

At the Glass City Open, Hillbilly snorted right as Keith released the trigger to break the balls. :grin-square:

Keith still hasn't gotten over that snort. :eek:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl makes pool look like a true sport on that 10 footer- he looks like an athlete manuevering around that table. It allows him to fully let his stroke out. It is very impressive to see

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When that day happens I'm sure we'll all be sympathetic towards that person. I know that I will.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
When that day happens I'm sure we'll all be sympathetic towards that person. I know that I will.

It is already very apparent you would not recognize an actual medically recognizable personality disorder if someone with one was standing right in front of you.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
At the Glass City Open, Hillbilly snorted right as Keith released the trigger to break the balls. :grin-square:

Keith still hasn't gotten over that snort. :eek:

Jennie:

Are you (Keith) sure that was a "snort" and not another emittance ending in the two letters "rt"? Perhaps Keith hasn't gotten over it, because there was an olfactory component of it that Hillbilly "let Keith walk into"... :eek:

:p
-Sean