ABR 2Nite: 14yr Old 9ball Monster - April Larson

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
That's right, she's run away with the cheese three years in a row now, with three consecutive Junior National 9ball Titles under her belt in the 14 and under category. Look out Jeanette Lee, here comes April Larson.

Mark Cantrill chats with Mark Griffin and Ozzy Reynolds of CSI about the Mosconi Cup contenders and the CSI Invitationals.

Alison Fischer and Jerry T. talk about current events happening around New York, including the upcoming Tri-State Tour Invitational, and also talk about giving pool players a channel to share their stories.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA !
Running Time: 1:35

Listen Now:
www.americanbilliardradio.com

Future Champions Made Here.

Last edited:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's right, she's run away with the cheese three years in a row now, with three consecutive Junior National 9ball Titles under her belt in the 14 and under category. Look out Jeanette Lee, here comes April Larson.

Tonight at 9pm central

More details to follow....

Really? Great job to April!
Truly exceptional.
Glad to hear we have an upcoming women's U.S. player.
Too bad we can't get more girls to play pool.
This is the first female I have heard of in years...since Miss Rankin.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Bump. ABR represents cutting edge. :) Every single week ya'll bring current, relevant people. :thumbup:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
April is a sharp kid. We wish her all the best in her future endeavors :cool:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and don't forget about the One Minute Pool Instructor tip! :thumbup: I watched April play last Wednesday in Louisville. The thing that really surprised me was that the girl who took second to April in years prior, Karsyn Terry from Chicago, was not at the tournament.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Mark Cantrill chats with Mark Griffin and Ozzy Reynolds of CSI about the Mosconi Cup contenders and the CSI Invitationals.

Alison Fischer and Jerry T. talk about current events happening around New York, including the upcoming Tri-State Tour Invitational, and also talk about giving pool players a channel to share their stories.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA !
Running Time: 1:35

Listen Now:

Future Champions Made Here.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
...and don't forget about the One Minute Pool Instructor tip! :thumbup: I watched April play last Wednesday in Louisville. The thing that really surprised me was that the girl who took second to April in years prior, Karsyn Terry from Chicago, was not at the tournament.

Scott Lee

One minute my ass. My chess clock had you and Randy at 3.14 minutes. ;) But I grew a ball then ate some pie.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

True.
And we shan't fail to mention that Taylor is a force.to.be.reckoned with.
Not to mention the Evans brothers.
Promissing bunch we have making their way along. Very very cool.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can a player who qualifies for the younger division play in the older division? The prize money is doubled.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can a player who qualifies for the younger division play in the older division? The prize money is doubled.

I don't think there is any prize money in the Jr Nationals, at least not in several years.

You just get some sponsor prizes, maybe a scholarship.

It's based on age group, but I have never seen or heard of someone playing in the 15-18 group if they were 14 or under.