View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Talking 01-28-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
[Note -- The mean of the TPA's for more than one match is likely to be a little different from the single TPA calculated for those same matches. But I do not have the numerators and denominators for all the TPA's to do an aggregate TPA for more than one match.]
Thanks for stats.
Nice note on numer and denom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Jay Helfert, director of this event, is not a fan of call-shot 9-Ball or 10-Ball. Hence, this event is not call shot even though it is 10-Ball. However, since the breaker is racking for himself, Jay has disallowed a win on the break.

As to making the event more exciting by counting the 10 on the break, I don't view it that way (although some people do). To have a game of skill end with a slop shot on the break is not exciting to me whether I am the breaker, the opponent, or a spectator. But some do view it as more exciting for spectators.
Never liked Golden breaks by and large they are flukes like hole in one though hole in one is way much more of luck factor
This is first time I watch a no call shot 10 ball
Don't think it made diff in most matches- did not watch all matches but in matches I watched only saw one match where it made diff and that is the Lee Van v Diva match where Lee Van slopped in a ball in the hill hill rack