What is your idea of the total package in a pool player?

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What makes these pool players the total package? Good pool player, nice person, helpful, looks out for other people, the list could go on and on!!!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It shouldn't be too much different than the idea of a well-rounded good person, period. If a normal person with a good moral compass would stop me to return a $20 bill that fell out of my pocket, I'd expect the same from a pool player. Most pool players would sadly try to make a game with me using my $20 as a free swing at more, and they would try to get weight on the game.

The stock, as expected answer to the thread would probably be: Fantastic shooter and strategist, game-maker extraordinaire, and acceptable behavior while not shooting.

It seems like some terrific players forget that their prowess is recognized in any way only within the confines of a poolroom. If you're a world beater who manually empties portable shitters with a SOLO cup as a job and can't keep $5 in your pocket despite your skills, you've still failed at life.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
What makes these pool players the total package? Good pool player, nice person, helpful, looks out for other people, the list could go on and on!!!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Lock,
One thing is a pool player with a good personality usually make their mark and have all the vices that makeup the total package.

The ones that don't because of that, regardless if they maybe a phenom or not are usually lacking in other areas of their life that seem to hold them back from achieving a greatness that could have been theirs!

If you have a good personality and show it, good things seem to come your way, and your pool game will most definitely reflect it and the way others respond to you.

To be the total package in pool , you have to be far more than just a pool player, you have to have personality and charactor in there somewhere.

David Harcrow

Last edited:

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
shanelle-loraine-sexy-while-shooting.jpg

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think someone with a personality like Nick Varner or Buddy Hall is the way to go. Always willing to help and contribute.

John

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Take a look a Tiger Woods, he is a great golfer! However, no matter what he continues to achieve in golf, he will NEVER be the "World's Greatest" golfer! He lacks the character to bestowed the title!
Character counts! My vote would be for Nick Varner! He still shows up at local pool halls and interacts with the locals.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take a look a Tiger Woods, he is a great golfer! However, no matter what he continues to achieve in golf, he will NEVER be the "World's Greatest" golfer! He lacks the character to bestowed the title!
Character counts! My vote would be for Nick Varner! He still shows up at local pool halls and interacts with the locals.

True, Nick will show up at C&C and if you ask him how to do a shot he will go grab a cue and show ya. Same with Buddy.

John

Aten

m8
Silver Member

So who is the world's greatest golfer, in your opinion?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Total package...pool player

SVB 10b break
CD 9b break
Wu, Searcy, McCready or Louie's shot making ability
Halls ability to grind
Sigel's ability to close
Ralf's demeaner
Fat's or McCready's rap
Effie's cueball and luck:)

last but not least, "her" tits

Last edited:

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Someone who has credit line, pays their bills with their own money and who knows they must come second to family.... All this while they can support their family... I know it's tall order but there are plenty of them - out side of US ;)

S.G.

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
So who is the world's greatest golfer, in your opinion?

Record wise, Jack Nicklaus
The one who has done the most for the game, Arnold Palmer
Talent, Moe Norman
Worst personality, Moe Norman