Jackpot Cues

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the important part for anyone who missed it in that wall of text
So to be very specific,Jack is acting in the same capacity he did with the Libra cues, his is not a
hands on machinery operating function but one of supervisory,design and quality control,

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no more orders,we are sold out and taking no more orders

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tascarella jokes
will i never out live that

believe it or not i bought another tascarella and it is in the mail to me

has the same all black butt,but it is a merry widow

if i lose it,i will call it quits

Dean,

If it is an ebony Merry Widow, please don't confuse it with the Jackpot I have on order. I want a Jackpot. I want a cue that plays good. :)

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not one customer is dis satisfied
all of the detils have been in my original post dating back to december 2017

this is just a typical az know it all attack

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i yield
now the hawaiian eye is enjoying my misfortune

az can be hard on a fella

Dean,

I'm not enjoying your misfortune.

I'm hoping you get your Tasc back.

I'm just letting you know that, to me, the Jackpot cue plays as good as, if not better, than any Tascarella you or anybody else may have. So when you pack up my cue, make sure I'm getting the Jackpot.

It may not cost anywhere near the same, or be as fancy, but it hits as good as any high dollar big name cue.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The guy building these doesn't know how to do some of the basics, like countersinking holes and facing parts off.

Jack should be sharing those "internal ideas etc" with his builder(s)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So to be very specific,Jack is acting in the same capacity he did with the Libra cues, his is not a
hands on machinery operating function but one of supervisory,design and quality control,

He spent much time toying with ideas of construction ,design.taper technical stuff relating to how the cues play.. Jack didn't call the cues Libra becase he didn't have Johnny doing the hands on

If you posted the post below, and I bought a cue, then I read what you wrote above, you would lose my trust. Jack designed the cues and somebody else made them but you stated the he made them. You didn't say he designed or commissioned or consulted on them. You said he made them.

You refuse to disclose the builder. Under these circumstances, I honestly don't know why anybody would buy any cue from you.

You need to tell those cue owners who built them. They have 500 good reasons to know. I don't want to get on your case and generally I think you're honest, but you are a salesman and you have deceived your customers. Don't compound that by deceiving yourself or blame this sort of stuff on old age. It doesn't matter if they're happy with the cues and it doesn't matter if you'll refund them - it doesn't change the fact that you did not disclose the true builder of the cues and you should.

Attachments

• Jackpot Post.jpg
    Jackpot Post.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If you posted the post below, and I bought a cue, then I read what you wrote above, you would lose my trust. Jack designed the cues and somebody else made them but you stated the he made them. You didn't say he designed or commissioned or consulted on them. You said he made them.

You refuse to disclose the builder. Under these circumstances, I honestly don't know why anybody would buy any cue from you.

You need to tell those cue owners who built them. They have 500 good reasons to know. I don't want to get on your case and generally I think you're honest, but you are a salesman and you have deceived your customers. Don't compound that by deceiving yourself or blame this sort of stuff on old age. It doesn't matter if they're happy with the cues and it doesn't matter if you'll refund them - it doesn't change the fact that you did not disclose the true builder of the cues and you should.

tumblr_m78gejKHO61qbis9no1_500.gif

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I wouldn't buy a cue sight unseen so I was never paying that close of attention but I only saw the "Jack is going to make" and "Jack made" posts. To be fair, I suppose technically if we go back here the actual process was discussed. That's right Dean..not your biggest fan but I am nothing if not fair. This may take you to the middle or bottom but see first post.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=499463&share_fid=2711&share_type=t

........i have talked Jack into making a few more to see how it goes. He has friends who have machinery , experience and skills to work with Jack to put the Libra cue designs and internal constuction that you associate with Jack and Libra cues back into reality
Sent from the future.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After all this you guys are still wanting to buy another one

As I said we are taking no more orders

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
if i coul ask you a question with the understanding that it would remain between us please send me you phone number and a time for a 2 minute conversation
thank you
dean

Who are you talking to?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have no involvement in these shenanigans, but if this is just another Chinese cue I am going to...:barf::barf::barf:

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
I have no involvement in these shenanigans, but if this is just another Chinese cue I am going to...:barf::barf::barf:

Strangely enough this exact was raise in a local DFW poolhall late this week, the consensus with people that know all parties involved is Jack was never the cuemaker in the first place, he worked a spray gun and smoked pot the rest the time, so 3 out of 4 opinion's ( I'll add that are very intune in these parts ) say buyer beware. I was kind of surprised that Deans DFW rep wasn't so sterling, he seems like a nice simple fellow.

My bet now is this is a bit of a ruse, Jack didn't make anything and Dean knows it so when I see someone directly ask him/them questions and him heehaw around it I kinda get it now. But hey Lots of peeps got cues and liked them, its also blind buyer beware for only 500 so..

Next case Angela Lansbury!

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You really make a good point, it's not quite on the sly/harris level but no bueno.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I questioned this method of selling cues once before and got a not-so-friendly pm from Dean. I'll try one last time to voice my concerns over it and then I'm done with discussing Dean's method of selling these cues.

If you have to hide your product behind a "grab bag" method of sales, it speaks volumes. I'ts incredibly unlikely that anyone is going to give away time and money by giving you a cue worth more than what you pay for it. A $500-600 investment is going to yield you a a cue worth =< $500-600.

That said, if you're marketing cues in that price range, most buyers that are willing to look at purchasing in that range are doing so because it's all they can afford. To them, it's probably a lot of money. I can't think of too many reasons why someone would buy something sight unseen, with no knowledge before or after purchase, of who made it when to them, it's a big spend.

Now, if Dean has friends that are willing to vouch for him, and want to play his roulette-grab bag style of selling cues, then good for him. I do find it odd that I've yet to see a posted pic of one of the cues, which I can only assume (ugly word, I know), is because most of the cues have went to Dean's close friends who are working to keep the mystery intact.

This is not so much a knock on Dean and his cues, as an explanation of why I would never buy one, and why most folks I know with a budget in the range of of said cues would never partake either. It's as simple as, if you have to hide your product in a veil of secrecy (the maker, not the cue itself), there's a reason.

Good luck to you and your preferred method of cue sales Dean, but it's not for me. As for Jack, I hope his family's health issues work themselves out.