View Single Post
Old
  (#19)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-18-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoron View Post
Just trying to save everybody a buck.
That is why most people stick with a few cues not 80 hehe.

Just for playing there is no need for a custom cue since most players put on some other LD shaft on the thing. Although there are many makers that make their own custom LD shafts that play as good if not better.

I for one have run across two Predator shafts I like, the Z shaft, and not even all of those, and the Revo. OB I like a few models of that. My favorite two are a shaft that a local custom maker made and the Revo. The HXT shaft is pretty good also but the feel is just not quite there.

There are still reasons to get a custom cue made or bought used, same reason there are 20 car brands and 200 models and that watch makers exist past the Timex level, and pen makers are around not just BIC. Pocket knives, chess sets, everything can be elevated. Heck, you can get luxury bed sheets for $300 vs the $50 wal mart stuff that is still just fine to use.

I don't think I have ever gotten a cue just for it's performance, outside of a shaft. Heck, even the cheap production cues are vanity, there is more than one model of Players for example, with pretty colors and shapes you can pick from.

I like being able to point to some guy and say "he made this for me in his basement" vs this thing came out of some place in China (or Wisconsin even for example) along 3,000 others just like it. No one sees a Predator and asks "hey, who made that cue?" and then starts up a conversation about his production cues and their history. "Ah yes, I remember my first cue from China, it was the 1034 model, they only made 10,000 of those".

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 03-18-2019 at 09:21 PM.