Thread: Chicago player
View Single Post
Old
  (#33)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5625

08-13-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Thanks John, for chiming in. Nice to know someone that actually is a respected player and actually played against him in his prime knows the guy could play. Never leaving someone a shot is quite a bit bigger strategy than folks who think he just bunted balls up table. I know you still had game at DCC as well, I was there for that 1P match, but no, I didn't stay for the entire match. Yep, he truly didn't want medals, trophies or even HOF inductions if there was no money attached
He didnít play Artie in his prime. He played Artie about a decade ago ó- well beyond his prime (whatever that was). Unfortunately there wasnít much record keeping back in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Barely any in the 90s. Iíve been around pool since the mid to late 80s. Never heard of Artie and very little of Freddie for that matter. They have stories of who they beat but no one really knows. All I know is the only one pocket players that were talked about from Chicago from my early years around pool were Bugs, The Dasher....you could also include Jeff Carter. Bugs obviously being the cream of the crop.

Watchez Is The Teacher ô

Those who dance are always laughed at by those who don't even hear the f'in music - George Carlin RIP