View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-15-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
So you are saying that Epstein, the billionaire, could not afford the original and bought a print?

I think it's likely he bought the original.

Who cares? Apparently a lot of people.
Whether he could afford the original or not, PDJT (before becoming president) bought and displayed in a prominent spot in his TT home, a copy of a Renoir, and claimed it was the original.

Quote:
When Trump assured O'Brien that the painting was real, the biographer was skeptical.

"Donald, it's not," he said, according to Vanity Fair. "I grew up in Chicago. That Renoir is called Two Sisters on the Terrace, and it's hanging on the wall at the Art Institute of Chicago. That's not an original." O'Brien said Trump brought up the "original painting" again the next day as they boarded the jet again to return to New York.

Amanda Hicks, spokeswoman for the Art Institute of Chicago, told the Chicago Tribune that the institute is "satisfied that our version is real." Hicks said the Institute received the painting as a gift in 1933 from a donor who had purchased it for $100,000 from a dealer, who bought it from the artist in 1881.

The Impressionist painting is featured in the institute's online gallery and you can see it in Gallery 201 in Chicago, alongside other European paintings and sculptures.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn