View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-21-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
This is a good practice for the running balls part of the game, but how can I practice what the rest of the game is about: playing (and escaping from) safeties? I think playing both sides might be the thing for that.

pj
chgo
Absolutely. When Iím practicing, 90% of the time Iím just playing both sides in one pocket.

Iíve only played 4 or 5 different people (and watched plenty of pro matches) but Iím far from helpless in the game, just from playing both sides and finding out what works, what are my weaknesses in execution and escape, what positions really suck lol and how best to get someone there.

I use whiteboard chalk to mark positions of balls now for ďseriousĒ situations and play them over and over to find the best way.

Iíve seen people saying that you canít really practice 1p by yourself but I love it. I sometimes find myself 3 or 4 hours in without realizing it. Playing a lockup safe on yourself is awesome. I consider it a serious victory when I force myself to take a foul.

Unfortunately this has made a noticeable impact on my other games I have to make myself practice the other games since most people want to play them instead