View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-21-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Absolutely. When I’m practicing, 90% of the time I’m just playing both sides in one pocket.

I’ve only played 4 or 5 different people (and watched plenty of pro matches) but I’m far from helpless in the game, just from playing both sides and finding out what works, what are my weaknesses in execution and escape, what positions really suck lol and how best to get someone there.

I use whiteboard chalk to mark positions of balls now for “serious” situations and play them over and over to find the best way.

I’ve seen people saying that you can’t really practice 1p by yourself but I love it. I sometimes find myself 3 or 4 hours in without realizing it. Playing a lockup safe on yourself is awesome. I consider it a serious victory when I force myself to take a foul.

Unfortunately this has made a noticeable impact on my other games I have to make myself practice the other games since most people want to play them instead
Have you looked at any of the "WWYD" ("What Would You Do?") threads over on onepocket.org? Lots to learn there about how to handle specific situations. One Pocket Ghost (a person) posts most of those, with pics from actual games (sometimes with me).

pj
chgo