SOME GOOD NEWS Ariel Roy Francisco action match DD vs Josh Filler 3/19-3/21race 100

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.facebook.com/1122251737866089/posts/2784349914989588/

Roy's Basement led by the generous Ariel Roy Francisco is having an in his house tournament with Dodong Diamond vs Josh Filler race to 100 over 3 days. This Thursday to Sunday.

Free stream, but he is looking for sponsors and donations that will be split between the 2 players and the streamer evenly. I implore anyone who can to please donate to this cause. As he said this is a tribute to everyone going through this together.

💰💰Covid-19 Quarantine 10 Ball Duel💰💰

D💎D 🆚 Joshua Filler
10 Ball / Race to 100

Details: we will make it simple☝️

-3 day event: Thursday-Saturday (March 19-21)
Thursday and Friday starting times @ 4pm and 1pm on Saturday (all EST times)
-@Roy’s Basement / Diamond Pro Am standard
-first day, stop at 33, second day at 66 and the winner on the third day to get to 100 first
-Outsville template rack will be used
-winner breaks / rack your own
-call pockets

*all details subject to change

Yes, this is a money game, both sides are getting bets in from legit stake horses. If any wants to place your bets for either side, please feel free to message and I will give you folks the detail. Yes, the money has to be posted before the match begins. Please please, only serious inquiries only🙏

Since we will show this to the whole world as a free livestream, we need help from sponsors to sponsor this match up and in return, we will place your logo on the screen plus with a commercial video that will be run during the players’ break. All proceeds will be split among the 2 players and the streamer evenly. So please message me if you want your logo to be included as a sponsor.

Lastly, we will take donations from the viewers who are able to donate and details on how to will be provided during the match.

Thank you folks, and I am so excited, the players and hopefully you folks are too on tough times like this.

Let’s stay at home and fight this epidemic💪🏼

#KillerFiller
#RoysBasement
#PredatorGroup

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Filler made over $115k in 2019, and over $16k in 2020 thus far (most likely untaxed). And the promoter is the one taking the bets on this? LOL. what a joke

Hard working American citizens (who pay taxes) donate to the professional pool players all year long, via tournament buy ins, Calcutta contributions, etc. Now is the time for pool players to give back to society/their own pool community without ulterior motives. Whether someone has $5 or $500 to donate, any funds should be allocated to families in dire need of assistance at this time. Costco is hiring, and pro pool players can follow suit like many adults are being forced to do during a time like this.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Filler made over $115k in 2019, and over $16k in 2020 thus far (most likely untaxed). And the promoter is the one taking the bets on this? LOL. what a joke

Hard working American citizens (who pay taxes) donate to the professional pool players all year long, via tournament buy ins, Calcutta contributions, etc. Now is the time for pool players to give back to society/their own pool community without ulterior motives. Whether someone has $5 or $500 to donate, any funds should be allocated to families in dire need of assistance at this time. Costco is hiring, and pro pool players can follow suit like many adults are being forced to do during a time like this.

It's an exhibition for people to sweat. No need for hysteria.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The post clearly says its a legit match w legit stake horses, and they are also soliciting for donations and the promoter is asking for side bets. My position remains unchanged. Josh Filler/ or any able bodied pro pool players are the last people I'm going to donate to right now.

These 2 pool players are top 10 in the world. If any other pro sports player had the audacity to ask for personal donations at a time like this, they would be blacklisted.

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
The post clearly says its a legit match w legit stake horses, and they are also soliciting for donations and the promoter is asking for side bets. My position remains unchanged. Josh Filler/ or any able bodied pro pool players are the last people I'm going to donate to right now.

These 2 pool players are top 10 in the world. If any other pro sports player had the audacity to ask for personal donations at a time like this, they would be blacklisted.

For the last time!

These two players have lost income from playing in tournaments that are shut down !

Roy knows every major gambler in the country interested in pool. He puts people looking for action in touch with people also looking for action on the other side. His request is a courtesy and kind gesture.

He could easily make it pay per view. The streamer does not work for free. Internet is not free and electricity is not free. There is a lot of expenses for equipment and etc.

The people involved are simply letting people know that they could use some help with the costs mentioned.

You sir, can do as "you" see fit! But, to come on to the forum and knock Roy and his kind deed for a couple of players in distress from the virus they had nothing to do with is very low and despicable .

The proceeds go to the players and streamer. You most likely will watch and not donate a dime. Roy is ok with that, there are enough good people in the world to proceed and not worry about transgressions of the few inconsequential people defrauding the venture.

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the last time!

These two players have lost income from playing in tournaments that are shut down !

Roy knows every major gambler in the country interested in pool. He puts people looking for action in touch with people also looking for action on the other side. His request is a courtesy and kind gesture.

He could easily make it pay per view. The streamer does not work for free. Internet is not free and electricity is not free. There is a lot of expenses for equipment and etc.

The people involved are simply letting people know that they could use some help with the costs mentioned.

You sir, can do as "you" see fit! But, to come on to the forum and knock Roy and his kind deed for a couple of players in distress from the virus they had nothing to do with is very low and despicable .

The proceeds go to the players and streamer. You most likely will watch and not donate a dime. Roy is ok with that, there are enough good people in the world to proceed and not worry about transgressions of the few inconsequential people defrauding the venture.

Kd

I would like to make a donation. Is there a link for this?

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the last time!

Kd

Actually not a watcher bud I’m a participant. Was at Buffulo’s playing $1000 a game betting my own cash last month while passing through on way to Florida to go fishing after retiring from working 32 years . Lucky for me at the age of 19 I saw all my pro hero’s getting staked and realizing I needed to keep working and let the pool thing go and so I did . For years I still played but worked days . I kept saying to myself just keep working and when you retire it will be your time and wow how awesome it is . All these pros make tons of cash but just feed off everyone else . If a top 10 in the world professional pool player can’t put up 5000$ on himself I swear he better go get a job because in 20 years it won’t be any easier.... Just work it’s simple. I offered so many pool players jobs over the years and not one showed up at 6 in the morning to work! Good luck and hope you get tons of donations so y’all can split it up and have enough to rent a motel room for them ! Bye I’m done with broke pool players

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a free stream...if you want to donate you can...you don't have to. These are 2 world class players racing to 100...over 3 days. That's a lot of pool. I think this is a fabulous gesture from Roy.

You referenced Filler made 115K last year....He lives in Germany...travels the world...his expenses are ridiculous...and it also includes entry fees. I realize he has sponsorships..But anyone who is top 3 in the world at anything should make a helluva lot more than 115K.

So you can bet 1000.00/game but you can't justify making any kind of donation for a 3 day match of two of the worlds best ?

This is a great match...I can't wait and yes I'll be donating to Roy's Basement and DD and Filler. This is a dream match up.

I like DD.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s not about making a donation. You are missing the point. It’s a choice to play pool and a choice to travel. If at the top level, they can’t support themselves and their families then they need to choose a different profession. Lost income for a pro sports player is hardly a distressed situation.

$115k goes a long way in the Phillipines as well. These 2 pro pool players took home more money than most pool spectators last year, and it’s appalling that they are the first ones to ask for personal donations... instead of giving back to the hard working tax paying pool community who are truly the hardest hit by this pandemic.

But go ahead and give them your money. I’m going fishing.

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Take two of your Zanax and get over it and find a higher paying job. He worked his butt off for everything he made and you did not take into consideration his travel expenses competing world wide.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take two of your Zanax and get over it and find a higher paying job. He worked his butt off for everything he made and you did not take into consideration his travel expenses competing world wide.

I’m retired at 50 ! U get a job . I’m done talking bout this crap. When corona all over I’m gonna PM you and come to your home town and play some 9ball and one pocket for whatever you can pull together!!! Let me guess you just watch . I see you are in the hill country I actually play at Bobs Billiards in New Braunfels during the summer after fishing all day on the Guadalupe River ! Better start practicing. Y’all have a wonderful day I gotta go I have a fish on the line off my back porch ! 🎣

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m retired at 50 ! U get a job . I’m done talking bout this crap. When corona all over I’m gonna PM you and come to your home town and play some 9ball and one pocket for whatever you can pull together!!! Let me guess you just watch . I see you are in the hill country I actually play at Bobs Billiards in New Braunfels during the summer after fishing all day on the Guadalupe River ! Better start practicing. Y’all have a wonderful day I gotta go I have a fish on the line off my back porch ! 🎣

Cool story bro... :rolleyes: