Has playing pool led to any other hobbies/activities?

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For example you play pool and decided to buy a table that needed some restoration which then morphed into a woodworking hobby.

Or you like to gamble at pool so you decided to give poker a try and now you play more poker than pool.

Or your neck was hurting while playing pool so you decided to practice yoga and now you're a full fledged yogi.

Whatcha got?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For example you play pool and decided to buy a table that needed some restoration which then morphed into a woodworking hobby.

Or you like to gamble at pool so you decided to give poker a try and now you play more poker than pool.

Or your neck was hurting while playing pool so you decided to practice yoga and now you're a full fledged yogi.

Whatcha got?

Yes. It helps with my hobby of "getting booty':grin-square:

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Collecting Sound

Yes,
I found another 350 Gigabytes of music in the pool hall sound systems and jukeboxes.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Learned a ton about learning including the nerf version of the hard way. Also quit smoking while I was at it.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to see you on here once in a while again!:thumbup:

Thx very much!

It’s good to be here, I’ll always be around pool. Sometimes I take a break but I’ll never disappear.

Good to see you as well,

Best regards,
Fatboy :)

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a top player that tells about his income from making donations to sperm banks. He claims he is making money hand over fist. Players are pounding out a living any way they can. They claim it actually builds up wrist muscles, strengthens fingers for making a solid bridge and breaks you of the habit some have in throwing their elbow out on the final swing. "Stroking to make cash" is what the hustlers call it. With much practice and professional coaching, you can become an ambidextrous shooter and never have to use a bridge.
This player told me he always makes a large deposit in the bank every Friday because of his job. “Yea, I carry a wad of money too and when I play pool, I don’t let people lowball me on a bet either.” It’s not as if you can let this kind of money slip right through your hands.” These are the players that you can find yourself in a sticky situation with in any game.
I declined to shake his hand and I put my chalk back in my pocket after every shot.
Personally, I think some people are whacked out.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think you would consider it a hobby, but, through pool I have met a few great friends. It gives me something to look forward to on a weekly basis when we play on the weekends. If it were not for pool, I would have missed out meeting some great people.

Consequently, I met my wife of 29 years playing pool. I guess that makes it a full time hobby...lol

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I got so pi$$ed about getting me arse handed to me so many times on the pool table that I went out and bought me a bunch of guns. Now I go around shootin' up sh*t to ease my tensions. :thumbup:

From there it blossomed into hunting, reloading, match competitions, gunsmithing/gun building.

Since I eventually mellowed out, I now enjoy fishing/boating, camping, motorcycling, and the outdoors in general.

I've got a "few irons in the fire". :wink:

Maniac

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I got into archery kinda from pool playing. I found myself spending too much time inside, away from the whole world or at the pool hall sectioned off from the world with one fellow pool nut...for hours and hours.

I wanted something that was still in the same realm as pool though so all the archery books that have been mentioned for the mental game of pool led me in that direction.

I got an old school Mongolian horse bow and picked it up pretty quick. Pool and traditional archery are actually pretty similar in the required mindset and repeatability of what you’re doing. Pool got me good at sending an object to where my eye is looking

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Whatcha got?
Crack-n-hookers. That count??? ;)

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It did lead to a little basement carpentry but I had prior interest or at least experience.

I have honed some of my whiskey game as well.
d39a3451a506ce201bd52ff9448bb1a4.jpg
2d387776a4eb5235c3ac5aaab18424e4.jpg

Sent from the future.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently received 10 new tips from Tom Hay and I hope to put new tips on a lot of my shafts.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Whatcha got?

I was losing so much money playing pool I became an international jewel thief.