View Single Post
Great insight here from a higher level player...
Old
  (#229)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Great insight here from a higher level player... - 08-02-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_JV View Post
Keeping in mind the skill levels you are speaking of, APA 3/4, league actually is competitive play for them.

Everything is relative honestly... I go a step further, and say shooting drills are a waste of time. Good for warming up your arm, but doesn't teach you how to deal with actual game play. Better to splash the balls and try to get out.

I think we need to reset and realize that the eye dominance correction Gene teaches isn't the whole picture. However after spending a few minutes on it with him. I can fully understand how it could greatly hamper a new player's progress.
You statement at the end here: I can fully understand how it could greatly hamper a new player's progress.[/QUOTE] is spot on. As you help some other players there in Canada you will see how huge this is. When that person you are trying to help line up a shot and misses and misses, but when you help them find this perfect spot for their eye dominance and they line right up, you know this is the answer. Once they can find this they are on their way. Now their hard work will actually pay off a little.

Many of players just like this that i have helped are playing at a higher level for sure. Mitch from Burnsville put me in the loser bracket about a month ago. Two years ago he couldn't make 3 balls in a row. Another one Joe, is battling for the top spot in the master league he plays in. There are so many.

All I can do and any teacher can do is just help who you can and spread the fun. The reason I say fun is because this game is fun. If you can help someone play a little bit better you can help create allot of fun.

Let me know your experiences with the players you are helping. The results I'm sure will be off the charts. This is what holds so many players back, seemingly stuck in their forever skill level.

Good Luck my friend.