Funny pic/gif thread...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Hell No!"

Now that's some power. I bet if you took one of the best linebackers in the world, they would have a hard time breaking the door in like that with a running start. The bear did it with ease and one paw.

I remember when a wrestling bear came to town. It was the old time thing, put your money up and go three rounds with the bear for a thousand dollars. Details may be a little off, been a long time. Four of the top touring wrestlers turned out to watch. The crowd wanted one of them or all of them to get in the ring with the bear naturally. All four emphatically refused! "We have to make our living wrestling, we can't show how easy it is for a bear to beat us!" That was just a black bear too. A black bear to a griz is about like a house cat to a lion.

Hu

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
108664010_3119604678122892_5307234482333429839_n.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I remember when a wrestling bear came to town. It was the old time thing, put your money up and go three rounds with the bear for a thousand dollars. Details may be a little off, been a long time. Four of the top touring wrestlers turned out to watch. The crowd wanted one of them or all of them to get in the ring with the bear naturally. All four emphatically refused! "We have to make our living wrestling, we can't show how easy it is for a bear to beat us!" That was just a black bear too. A black bear to a griz is about like a house cat to a lion.

Hu
As the Park Ranger warns us:

GoBears.jpg

Bob <-- "Go Bears!"

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
half a mile in Yosemite

As the Park Ranger warns us:

View attachment 554285

Bob <-- "Go Bears!"

The park rangers made the tourister types stay back a half mile from a grizzly. Most got a little brown speck for a picture. Mine weren't much better! The griz was on the other bank of a little river. The rangers said if the bear crossed the river, in your vehicle, windows up! Choices were obey or get thrown out of the park.

Different areas, photographers have started getting cheek and jowl with the bears. Works most of the time ...

One of the funniest things, a grizzly and a photographer toting all of his gear and tripod and such met by surprise at the top of a little hammock. The bear had a big salmon in his mouth. The trail was narrow so they kind of sidled by each other. Neither one was willing to drop what they were toting!

Down here it is alligators. I had one slip up to me within about four feet under the duckweed in Lake Martin. When he ran out of water he eased his eyes above the surface. Muddy bank behind me and I knew if I slipped or did anything to look like I wasn't paying close attention the ten foot gator was ready to do lunch. I had noticed before that the animals don't like the big eye of a Canon lens staring at them so I tilted my camera down and let the lens on the camera have a staring contest from almost on top of his head. I couldn't take any pictures, too close to focus!

Three very flimsy carbon fiber tripod legs between me and the gator but he didn't know how weak they were or how slow I was. Eventually the Canon won the staring contest and he eased back a little and I got a couple pictures of the eyes above the duckweed. Since there is never quite enough lens or multiplier I had the front leg of the tripod in the water. I decided I wouldn't do that anymore!

There were some funny signs on the side of the road warning hikers that there were aggressive breeding alligators. I wasn't sure if they were warning against getting bitten or raped.:D

Hu

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 116611583_153468653020194_6210448329392593160_n.jpg
    116611583_153468653020194_6210448329392593160_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 682