View Single Post
Old
  (#57)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-05-2020, 03:34 PM

The OP wrote that the 10 ball was in a racking corner, not the middle, which is how the dispute arose.
I’ve never played in a ring game where the 5 ball was positioned in a corner location for that reason.
There are some players, not myself, with a great break & corner rack OB often drop in side pockets.

Personally, since 10 ball is played using intentionally called pockets, I submit the 10 should only count
if and when the player intentionally designated the 10 ball pocket before the break. If another ball drops,
the player that broke the rack does not retain the table since the 10 ball did not go in the called pocket.
If a different OB drops on the break rather than the10 ball, the player’s inning ends & gives up the table.

If you have the nuts to call the 10 ball on the break, go for it, But counting the 10 ball on the break & also
not calling the intended pocket makes it a 9 ball break. In other words, slopping the 10 in a pocket wins.
Nope, I believe there should be zero slop in 10 ball unless the specific pocket was named before the break.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)