View Single Post
Old
  (#39)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-06-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td873 View Post
I wasn't happy with my 70s and I really thought I could do better. I buckled down tonight and my run started off well. [Note1: I had a little mental lapse and ran Level 5 twice (both successfully)]. My first big mistake was on Level 10 [6 ball] where I left 4 balls on the table.
And then I flubbed level 12 (8-ball) due to a bad break with clusters. -4 there as well. But, 92 after level 12!

After that, I missed one ball along the way, but I was in gear and basically ran out. My only question is whether making the 9-ball on the break counts as a win on level 14 [under 9-ball rules it does]. I continued the run anyway but left 2 balls. So, I either scored a 91 or a 89.

Note2: Like you, I had to jump a ball to save a run. Mine was on level 16 hopping the 14 with jump-draw to make the 8 for shape on the run out.

I don't think I'm going to try again as this was pretty taxing!

Video: https://youtu.be/c83316wM1jE [Edit: 6X video for easy viewing - https://youtu.be/xC9W6wF2huY]

Final note: My main camera has a 30 minute limit. There's a short gap for that view when I start/stop every 30 minutes or so. But, I run 2 cameras and my Gopro has a continuous view for the whole challenge.

-td
Wow! Very Impressive. You are now in 1st place! FYI, I added your info to the RDS 100 Challenge video description and pinned comment.

Here's the pertinent rule from the first page of the RDS document concerning Level 14:
"in all rotation racks, if you pocket the highest numbered ball early, you must still run the remaining balls in rotation."

Good work (especially on those last two levels),
Dave