Stroke straightness and Digicue blue

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to Amazon's competition issues with Google's products (and therefor the DigiCue database), any stock Amazon devices will not run the DigiCue app out of the box. All Amazon tablets are inherently Android devices though, so if they chose to, they can follow some relatively straightforward guides (just a Google search should work) on how to un-cripple their devices, and get access to the Google Play store, which would both install Google Services to their device, and give them access to the DigiCue app.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Stance/ bad alignment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I made some adjustments in my stance/balance. I also adjusted my backstroke length after someone recommended putting a rubber band at the juncture of the ferrule and tip to help you draw your backswing all the way back. I adjusted my backstroke pause to be 1.7 seconds. I tried to be very aware of the lightness of my cradle and made it even lighter. Que tip not more than 1/4 inch away from the Q ball at the set position. After 95 shots my straightness average went from 6.87 to 7.73. tip steer left from 8.02 to 8.38. Tip steer right from 8.86 to 9.48. Follow through from 7.15 to 7.02 and Backstroke pause from .76 to 1.07.
Strong focus and awareness of the straightness you are sending the cue forward is very helpful also. I hope my scores improve and that today's improvement does not vaporize tomorrow. One other thing comes to mind that helped a lot. Finishing the cue at one's chest making the que tip finish touching the cloth. Very helpful.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Today I made some adjustments in my stance/balance. I also adjusted my backstroke length after someone recommended putting a rubber band at the juncture of the ferrule and tip to help you draw your backswing all the way back. I adjusted my backstroke pause to be 1.7 seconds. I tried to be very aware of the lightness of my cradle and made it even lighter. Que tip not more than 1/4 inch away from the Q ball at the set position. After 95 shots my straightness average went from 6.87 to 7.73. tip steer left from 8.02 to 8.38. Tip steer right from 8.86 to 9.48. Follow through from 7.15 to 7.02 and Backstroke pause from .76 to 1.07.
Strong focus and awareness of the straightness you are sending the cue forward is very helpful also. I hope my scores improve and that today's improvement does not vaporize tomorrow. One other thing comes to mind that helped a lot. Finishing the cue at one's chest making the que tip finish touching the cloth. Very helpful.

Out of curiosity, I waited two hours to see if I could improve a little or did everything go out the window? Well I am happy and maybe I finally am getting a handle on this thing. Nate was right, one can get a straight hit with a pendulum stroke. I was getting skeptical.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of curiosity, I waited two hours to see if I could improve a little or did everything go out the window? Well I am happy and maybe I finally am getting a handle on this thing. Nate was right, one can get a straight hit with a pendulum stroke. I was getting skeptical.

I'm glad I could help.

Some advice. I've found that competition is by far the most effective event that locks in all of those epiphanies that you've recently experienced. Play a tournament or a friend in a full length game, and come away from it thinking about how it felt, win or lose.

Msleight

Registered
The only problem I have had is that the straightness doesn't work when putting draw on the cueball or at least I can't figure it out. But other than that I can do pretty good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180523-204914.jpg
    Screenshot_20180523-204914.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot_20180523-204941.jpg
    Screenshot_20180523-204941.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 213

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only problem I have had is that the straightness doesn't work when putting draw on the cueball or at least I can't figure it out. But other than that I can do pretty good.

Solid stroke.

The straightness does work for draw. Digicue has no idea if you are putting any english on the cue ball or not. I have been working through that as well. I found I drop my elbow before contact when using draw. This makes the tip dip or rise when coming forward.

Try some slow draw shots focusing on keeping the cue tip on the same path it was on in your backstroke. Then build up speed.