View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
bud green
Dolley and Django
bud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond reputebud green has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

04-07-2005, 07:10 AM

I don't think the record book is the main priority for this movie; Earl is a legend and has won everything numerous times but to a non pool fan, winning five us opens doesn't mean movie goers are going to shell out 10 bucks to hear about it. If they made a movie about Walter Lindrum , do you think people would go see it?

Danny was picked as much for his personality as for his pool playing probably. People love this guy and he has the kind of personality that people like to be around. His story of fighting depression, becoming one of the worlds best, and his fun loving attitude are what probably interested Hollywood. The fact he grew up in New York also helps in my opinion- gives a moviemaker a lot of options.

Earl is a character and not the monster some people think he is ( I've heard he does a good bit for charity) but personnally I'd find it more entertaining to hang with Danny.

Buddy Halls' life story and pool record (didn't he win 11 out of 14 events in 1974?) would be just as good as Earls' . I have Buddy's biography and don't know too much about Earl in his younger days, though.