View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-28-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magog30 View Post
You mentioned that the 10 ball went on the break 7 times. Any info on who made these breaks and what pockets they were made into? Just wondering if counting the 10 on the break would have made the event more exciting.
The 10-balls on the break were made by Dechaine (in his loss to Ignacio), Morra (twice, in his win over Bustamante), Klatt (in his win over Bautista), Ignacio (in his win over Orcollo), and Immonen (twice, in his loss to Corteza). I did not make a note of the pockets.

Jay Helfert, director of this event, is not a fan of call-shot 9-Ball or 10-Ball. Hence, this event is not call shot even though it is 10-Ball. However, since the breaker is racking for himself, Jay has disallowed a win on the break.

As to making the event more exciting by counting the 10 on the break, I don't view it that way (although some people do). To have a game of skill end with a slop shot on the break is not exciting to me whether I am the breaker, the opponent, or a spectator. But some do view it as more exciting for spectators.

Last edited by AtLarge; 01-28-2015 at 10:07 AM.