View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
Ralph Kramden
BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Ralph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-17-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
The cut angles do not increase linearly as the overlap decreases, but your approximation of 7.5 per eighth of overlap works fine out to the half-ball aim.

Here are the cut angles to a little more precision for each eighth of overlap or fullness. It's important to note that these cut angles ignore throw.

Overlap (Fullness) -- Cut Angle
  • 1 (straight on) -- 0
    7/8 -- 7.2
    3/4 -- 14.5
    5/8 -- 22.0
    1/2 -- 30
    3/8 -- 38.7
    1/4 -- 48.6
    1/8 -- 61
    0 -- 90
AtLarge...
What I meant by linear was the horizontal line bisected by the 5 vertical aim lines.
I didn't mean the cut angles increase linearly. If vertical lines follow the contour of
the ball they wouldn't be equally spaced.. (like longitudinal lines on a world globe)
and would be increasing narrower from center to edge. Think of a flat disk instead
of a sphere, with evenly spaced lines, or 5 vertical aim points on a pencil glued to
the front of the OB. CCB aim at the 5 points would be OB overlaps center to edge.

I know 1/4 ball isn't exactly 15*.. If someone put both arms up, one at 15* and the
other at 14.5*, I doubt if I could tell... 0, 15 & 30 are just easy to remember. IMO

Thanks for 1/8 ball overlap angles increasing wider than 8 degrees after 30*.. Carl

GAMES... http://sites.google.com/site/poolandbilliard

Recognize a 1/2 ball 30 degree cut, and the 1/8 ball angles.
Paralysis by aiming analysis happens by thinking too much.

To play at top speed.. You must own the stop shot line.

Last edited by Ralph Kramden; 10-17-2017 at 11:25 AM.