View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-11-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave38 View Post
Ok, any ideas as to how to clean this one? It's about 5 months old on a 314-3 shaft. I have tried: denatured alcohol with magic eraser, soft scrub, and toothpaste, using small brushes, and good cloths. It seems to be pitted, and the chalk dirt is in the pits. Customer wants me to make it white, then seal it as he doesn't like dirty ferrules. It is at 12.74mm, and he wants it to stay there, so sanding it down to smaller size is out.
Any help is appreciated.
Dave

Attachment 509613
Dave, I am not a cuemaker, but I do know that there are versions of DEVCON, that are "mixable" with coloring. There are also the options mentioned above, regarding ferrule replacement with more resistant material/s. Hope this helps.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.