Titlist conversion for those who like a thin butt. For Sale or Trade

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Since my Jim Ingram oak Titlist has become my primary player, this one hasn't gotten any love. It isn't the prettiest Titlist out there, but it's a good no-nonsense player.

The seller told me it was made by Joel Weinstock, but there are no markings anywhere. Sold as Titlist conversion of unknown origin.

Specs:
-Weight- Comes in at 18.2oz with current 0.3oz aluminum weight bolt. Have two other bolts which weigh roughly 0.8oz and 1.6oz if I remember correctly. Can get weight up to mid-high 19oz range.

-Joint- SS 5/16-14 piloted. 0.829" diameter at joint.

-Buttcap- 1.75" white. Unsure of material. 1.22" diameter at butt cap. Black bumper fixed to weight bolt by by standard allen head machine screw.

-Wrap- Off-white with green speck linen. Seller said it was Cortland, but I don't know how to tell the difference between Cortland and anything else. Has a somewhat coarse texture.

-Points- Standard Titlist. Appears to be an early example, judging by thin veneers, wood, and lack of vibrance. Some filler and glue marks in points. The blank that went into this one wasn't flawless. Looks good if you don't inspect it too closely.

-Construction- Handle section has been added. Forearm tapered thin to bring the points very close to the joint. Butt end of points just hit where the wrap begins.

-Shaft- 13.12mm at tip. Shaft does not appear to be original to cue. Collar is same length and material, but the colors are not identical. Color on butt seems to be a little faded. Width at joint on shaft a little larger than butt. Measures 0.835". Some taper roll, but not enough to be problematic. Tip stays planted on table. I'd never notice when shooting.

Looking for $525 shipped. May entertain the idea of trades, including:

Work. I have a rosewood Titlist blank I'd like to have converted.
George, Centennial, GTF, Viking, McDermott, etc cases + cash.
Other Titlists or low end customs.

17588447840_11ee3dac7c_c.jpg
17776434791_4e18de75dc_c.jpg
17155652093_092b677f47_c.jpg
17749688156_349b664f8e_c.jpg

Last edited:

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
do you still have the cue ? if so I am interested. not on computer till later tonight , you can text if you like....... 559-375-8608

tommy